Beavers to Host Seattle U on Thursday
THE GAME: The Oregon State men's soccer team will return home this week to take on Seattle U on Thursday. Game time has been moved to 7 p.m., after initially being scheduled for 6 p.m.
FOLLOW ALONG: Thursday's match will have a live stream available via OSUBeavers.com. Live stats for the match will be available at OSUBeavers.com, and all matches can be followed on Twitter @BeaverMSoccer.
UP NEXT: The Beavers will play their next three matches on the road, beginning Tuesday at Denver
- The Beavers are coming off the best season in program history, as they went 14-2-4, won the Pac-12 and entered the NCAA Tournament as the No. 1 overall seed.
- Oregon State made the final eight of the NCAA Tournament last season, its deepest run in program history
- The Beavers have made the NCAA Tournament six times in program history, with three of those appearances coming in Terry Boss' four years as head coach
- Boss has the best winning percentage of any coach in program history at .649
- Oregon State posted six clean sheets last season, a program record
- The Beavers welcome 19 newcomers to this year's squad
- Oregon State has representatives of 10 different countries on its roster: USA, Spain, France, Argentina, Chile, Ethiopia, Germany, Italy, Luxembourg and Senegal
- The Beavers welcome in three new assistant coaches this season in Abel Wasswa, Sergi Nus and Alex Rangel
- Joran Gerbet, Gael Gibert and Adrian Molina Diaz all return to the Oregon State squad after earning All-Pac-12 recognition last season.
- Molina-Diaz scored six goals and had three assists last season, despite playing only 12 matches due to injury
- Mouhameth Thiam led the Beavers with five game-winning goals last season, despite starting just nine of Oregon State's 20 matches
- The Beavers are 32-7-7 at home during Boss' tenure
- The Beavers are second in the nation for corner kicks per game, averaging nine per contest
- OSU has not lost in its last six Pac-12 home matches
- Joran Gerbet earned Pac-12 Freshman of the Year honors last season, joining Joe Zaher, Robbie Findley, Danny Mwanga, Timmy Mueller and Sofiane Djeffal as Beavers to earn the honor (Findley, Mwanga, Mueller and Djeffal were all MLS Draft selections following their Beavers careers)
- Nicklas Lund led all Oregon State field players with 1,870 minutes played last season, starting all 20 matches on the OSU back line.
- Gael Gibert, Javier Armas and Lund are the only three Beavers to play every minute in the first two matches.
- Oregon State is 7-2-0 all-time vs. Seattle U, and won last season's meeting 2-1 in Seattle. The Beavers scored twice within the first three minutes of the second half with Gael Gibert and Mouhameth Thiam finding the net.
- Thursday's game will be the second game for the Beavers against a WAC opponent this season. Oregon State also faced Utah Valley in August.