This week in Pac-12 women's soccer
• Pac-12 women’s soccer wraps up the regular season this week with six rivalry matches on Thursday and Friday, all of which will be broadcast on Pac-12 Networks. UCLA clinched at least a share of the league title and the automatic qualifier spot in the NCAA Tournament this past weekend, but STANFORD still has a shot at becoming a co-champion with a win over CALIFORNIA and a Bruins loss.
• The 2014 Women’s College Cup is just around the corner, with selections set to be announced next Monday, Nov. 10 at 1:30 p.m. PT. For a full history of Pac-12 teams in the NCAA postseason, see page five of this week’s release.
• Four teams are ranked in the top 25 of this week’s NSCAA polling, with seven total teams receiving votes. UCLA continues its stand at No. 1 for the 12th-straight week, while Stanford slid up one spot to No. 3, extending its stay in the top five for the 11th-consecutive week. California leapt into the top 25, weighing in at No. 22, while WASHINGTON STATE slid two spots to No. 24. ARIZONA STATE, USC and WASHINGTON are all receiving votes.
• In the latest NCAA Division I Women’s Soccer RPI rankings, 11 of the 12 league teams are in the top 75 for the third-straight week, including five in the top 25. The Pac-12 holds the top-two RPI rankings in the nation as UCLA swapped places with Stanford for the top spot. Both teams have gone 1-2 in the RPI rankings for the past four weeks.
• USC’s Katie Johnson was named Offensive Player of the Week, while fellow Trojan Caroline Stanley earned Goalkeeper of the Week accolades for the second time this season. COLORADO’s Bianca Jones was tabbed Defensive Player of the Week.
• National honors continue to pour in for Pac-12 women’s soccer, as four players were named to the TopDrawerSoccer.com Team of the Week (Caprice Dydasco, UCLA; Lo’eau LaBonta, STAN; Katie Johnson, USC; and Taylor Smith, UCLA). The Pac-12 has had at least one student-athlete on TopDrawerSoccer.com’s Team of the Week 10 out of the 11 weeks thus far this season. UCLA’s Sarah Killion was named one of 20 finalists for the Senior CLASS Award.
UPCOMING PAC-12 WOMEN'S SOCCER SCHEDULE
Thursday, Nov. 6
#3 Stanford at #22 California *, 2 p.m. PT (P12N)
Friday, Nov. 7
Utah at Colorado *, 12 p.m. MT (P12N)
Washington at #24 Washington State *, 1 p.m. PT (P12N)
Arizona at Arizona State *, 2 p.m. MT (P12N)
Oregon State at Oregon *, 3 p.m. PT (P12N)
#1 UCLA at USC *, 7:30 p.m. PT (P12N)