Wishnowsky, Liufau, Dye earn weekly Conference honors
Special Teams: Mitch Wishnowsky, So., P, Utah
• In his Utah debut, Mitch Wishnowsky broke two-time Ray Guy Award winner and consensus All-American Tom Hackett’s school record for punting average in a game with a 55.5-yard punt average (six punts, 333 yards) in the 24-0 win over Southern Utah
• Five punts of 50 yards or more is second-most in school history
• Downed two punts inside the 20-yard line (10 and 13-yard lines)
Offensive: Sefo Liufau, Sr., QB, Colorado
• In his first game back after a Lisfranc (foot) injury sidelined him for the last 2¾ games in 2015, he completed 23-of-33 passes for 318 yards (1 TD/0 INT); passer rating was 160.6, earned 17 first downs (5 rush/12 pass), and rushed for 66 yards on 14 carries in the 44-7 win over Colorado State
• During the game, he became CU’s all-time leader in passing yards (7,715), extended his own mark for total offense (8,226 yards), and also took over the record for the most offensive plays for a career (1,356)
•It was his 10th career 300-yard passing game (and eighth career 300-yard total offense game); he now owns or shares 78 CU records.
Defensive: Troy Dye, Fr., LB, Oregon
• Starting his first game as a true freshman, he led all players with 11 tackles (7 unassisted), including 4.5 TFLs (national leader) for 20 yards and 1 QB sack (9 yards). In addition, he blocked one field goal attempt in the 53-28 win over UC Davis.
Offensive: Nick Wilson, ARIZ; Chad Hansen, CAL; Darren Carrington, ORE; Darell Garretson, OSU; CHristian McCaffrey, STAN; Kenneth Walker III, UCLA; Troy Williams, UTAH; John Ross, WASH
Defensive: D.J. Calhoun, ASU; Chidobe Awuzie, COLO; Manase Hungalu, OSU; Peter Kalambayi, STAN; Tahaan Goodman, UCLA; Marcus Williams, UTAH; Kieshawn Bierria, WASH
Special Teams: Zane Gonzalez, ASU; Matt Anderson, CAL; Diego Gonzalez, COLO; Charles Nelson, ORE; Jake Bailey, STAN; Austin Ken, UCLA; Matt Boermeester, USC; Dante Pettis, WASH
2016 PAC-12 FOOTBALL PLAYERS OF THE WEEK
|Sept. 5||Sefo Liufau, COLO||Troy Dye, ORE||Mitch Wishnowsky, UTAH|