Arizona's Ristic voted Pac-12 Men's Basketball Player of the Week
Pac-12 Men's Basketball Player of the Week (1/29/18) - Dusan Ristic, Sr., C, ARIZONA
SAN FRANCISCO - Kareem Abdul-Jabbar Center of the Year candidate Dusan Ristic of ARIZONA earns the Pac-12 Player of the Week award for Jan. 22-29. Ristic is the third Wildcat to collect the Conference weekly honor and the team’s fourth nod this season (Allonzo Trier: Nov. 13, Deandre Ayton: Dec. 4, Jan. 1).
• Ristic led Arizona to a pair of wins last weekend, improving to 18-4 overall and 8-1 in league play and climbing to No. 9 in the Associated Press Top25 and No. 14 in the NCAA RPI.
• The Novi Sad, Serbia native just narrowly missed averaging a double-double last week with 19.0 points, 7.5 rebounds and 1.5 blocks per game while shooting 16-of-19 (.842) for his highest field goal percentage in league play.
• Ristic opened the weekend with 15 points and eight rebounds as Arizona defeated Colorado, 80-71, on Thursday. The 7-0 senior registered his third game of 20-or-more points this season with a career-high 23 points in Saturday’s 74-73 win over Utah. Ristic converted all three of his three-point attempts, including a critical triple with less than two minutes remaining.
• He became the 52nd member of Arizona’s 1,000-point club and the 28th player in program history to score at least 1,000 points (1,003) and grab 500 career rebounds (546). Ristic recorded his 106th career win on Saturday, which ranks fourth in UA history. He is now only five wins away from becoming the winningest player in Arizona history, a mark currently held by Matt Muehlebach (1988-91) and Kaleb Tarczewski (2013-16) at 110 wins.
• Arizona heads to the Northwest this weekend to face Washington State at 7 p.m. PT on Wednesday and Washington at 7:30 p.m. PT on Saturday, both broadcast on Pac-12 Network.
ALSO NOMINATED: Elijah Brown, OREGON; Aaron Holiday, UCLA; Jonah Mathews, USC; Matisse Thybulle, WASHINGTON.
2017-18 PAC-12 MEN'S BASKETBALL PLAYER OF THE WEEK