Oregon State's Tinkle voted Pac-12 Men's Basketball Player of the Week
Pac-12 Men's Basketball Player of the Week (2/12/18) - Tres Tinkle, R-So., F, OREGON STATE
SAN FRANCISCO – OREGON STATE’s Tres Tinkle collects his second career Pac-12 Men’s Basketball Player of the Week honor and his first this season, helping the Beavers sweep the Washington schools last week.
• The redshirt sophomore averaged 24.5 points, 8.0 rebounds and 6.5 assists in the two wins, shooting 53.1 percent from the field (17-32), 50.0 percent from beyond the arc (5-10) and 90.9 percent from the free throw line (10-11). Tinkle has scored in double figures in 26 consecutive games and is the only Pac-12 player to hit double digits every game this season.
• In Oregon State’s 94-62 win over Washington State on Thursday, Tinkle totaled 20 points, five rebounds and three steals to lead the Beavers to their largest margin against a Pac-12 opponent since previously defeating the Cougars, 91-55, in 2002.
• On Saturday, Tinkle nearly recorded a triple-double with 29 points, 11 rebounds and eight assists in the Beavers’ dramatic double-overtime win against Washington, 97-94. The game’s high scorer, Tinkle was pivotal in OSU overcoming a 13-point deficit in the second half. Tinkle scored the last five points in regulation, including a layup with 41 seconds left to send the game into the first overtime.
• Tinkle needs 111 points to join the exclusive 1,000-point club and, if he reaches the milestone, it would be the third time in program history an Oregon State team had three 1,000-point scorers in a single season, joining Stephen Thompson Jr. and Drew Eubanks this year. Tinkle appears in the top-10 of six Pac-12 statistical categories, including sixth in scoring (18.5 ppg), fourth in free throw percentage (.872) and tied for tenth in rebounding (7.0 rpg).
• Oregon State (13-11, 5-7) heads to Los Angeles this week to face UCLA (17-8, 8-5) on Thursday and USC (17-9, 8-5) on Saturday, both air at 8 p.m. PT on FS1.
ALSO NOMINATIED: Deandre Ayton, ARIZONA; Tra Holder, ARIZONA STATE; McKinley Wright IV, COLORADO; Payton Pritchard, OREGON; Aaron Holiday, UCLA; David Collette, UTAH
2017-18 PAC-12 MEN'S BASKETBALL PLAYER OF THE WEEK
MORE FROM PAC-12 POST
TODAY | 11:00am PTLive
TODAY | 1:00pm PTLive
TODAY | 3:00pm PTLive