Pac-12 announces Softball Players of the Week
PLAYER OF THE WEEK: Missy Nunes, So., UTL, Oregon State (Livermore, Calif.)
5 GP, 5 runs, 7 hits, 10 RBI, .467 avg, 1.133 SLG
• Recorded a home run in the first three games of the 2019 season to help Oregon State sweep the Kajikawa Classic with five victories: CSUN (8-0), Weber State (4-3), Seattle (6-4), Missouri (4-3) and Western Michigan (8-3).
• Hit a three-run homer in the Beavers' 6-4 victory against Seattle on Saturday morning and followed up with two crucial RBIs against Missouri to secure a 4-3 extra-innings win of the double header.
• Finished with seven hits, 10 RBI and .579 on base percentage over five games last week.
• First Pac-12 Player of the Week award and 74th all-time for Oregon State.
PITCHER OF THE WEEK: Rachel Garcia, Jr., P/1B, UCLA (Palmdale, Calif.)
3 GP, 2 wins, 12.2 IP, 2 BB, 22 K, 0.55 ERA, 2 HR, 3RBIs
• Struck out 22 batters in 12 2/3 innings, giving up only three hits, two walks and one run in three appearances last week. No. 1 UCLA went a perfect 5-0 in its opening weekend at the Hawaii Paradise Classic.
• Earned two victories and a save in three games, helping the Bruins to wins over UTA (2-1), Hawaii (7-0) and St. Mary’s (13-1).
• Her 15-strikeout game against Hawaii featured at least one strikeout in every inning, including seven-straight batters.
• Allowed only a single hit in each of her three pitching appearances while also recording two home runs and three RBIs in 16 at-bats.
• Collects ninth career Pac-12 Pitcher of the Week honor and third consecutive dating back to last season (May 7, May 14), for UCLA’s 154th all-time weekly nod.
FRESHMAN OF THE WEEK: Rachel Cid, Fr., IF, Oregon (Tracy, Calif.)
5 GP, 17 AB, 7 runs, 8 hits, 10 RBI, .471 avg, 1.000 SLG
• Shined in her first weekend of collegiate action, hitting .471 (8-for-17) with three home runs and a team-high 10 RBIs to help Oregon post a 5-0 record at the Kajikawa Classic against Kansas (14-5), CSUN (12-5), Missouri (6-1), Bradley (13-3) and Seattle (8-6).
• Went 3-for-3 with a home run, four RBIs, three runs scored and two walks in her collegiate debut versus Kansas.
• Tied for the team lead with three home runs after five games and drew five total walks to record a .591 on-base percentage for the weekend.
• Recorded three multi-RBI games through first five college games.
• First Pac-12 Freshman of the Week honor and the Ducks’ first rookie nod since 2017 (Mar. 6, Miranda Elish).
Player of the Week: Alyssa Palomino, ARIZ; Maddi Hackbarth, ASU; Lindsay Rood, CAL; Shaye Bowden, ORE; Kristina Inouye, STAN; Bubba Nickles, UCLA; Julia Noskin, UTAH; Sis Bates, WASH.
Pitcher of the Week. Samantha Mejia, ASU; Alexandra Perez, CAL; Jordan Dail, ORE; Mariah Mazon, OSU; Carolyn Lee, STAN; Hailey Hilburn, UTAH; Taran Alvelo, WASH.
Freshman of the Week: Yannira Acuna, ASU; Makena Smith, CAL; Frankie Hammoude, OSU; Emily Young, STAN; Megan Faraimo, UCLA; Sydney Sandez, UTAH; Sami Reynolds, WASH.
|Player of the Week||Pitcher of the Week||Freshman of the Week|
|Feb. 12||Missy Nunes, OSU||Rachel Garcia, UCLA||Rachel Cid, ORE|
TODAY | 7:00pm PTLive