Pac-12 announces Women's Basketball Players of the Week
PLAYER OF THE WEEK: Mikayla Pivec, Sr., G, Oregon State (Lynwood, Wash.)
1 GP, 25 pts, 12 reb, 8 ast, 10-13 (.769) FG, 3-5 (.600) 3FG, 2 stl
• Nearly recorded a triple-double in No. 7 Oregon State’s season-opening win against UC Irvine, putting up 25 points, 12 rebounds, and eight assists in the victory.
• The senior shot 10-for-13 from the floor (.769) and 3-for-5 (.600) from beyond the arc.
• Her 25 points and 12 boards were good for her 14th-career double-double.
• The eighth time in her career that she has dished out at least eight assists, adding a pair of steals on the night.
• This is the 42nd all-time Player of the Week honor for Oregon State and the first such nod for Pivec.
Also nominated: Sam Thomas, ARIZ; Ja’Tavia Tapley, ASU; Sara Anastasieska, CAL; Mya Hollingshed, COLO; Lexie Hull, STAN; Lindsey Corsaro, UCLA; Stephanie Watts, USC; Borislava Hristova, WSU.
FRESHMAN OF THE WEEK: Taylor Jones, Fr., F, Oregon State (Forney, Texas)
1 GP, 20 pts, 10 reb, 8-11 (.727) FG, 1 stl, 1 blk
• Put up 20 points and 10 rebounds on 8-for-11 shooting (.727) in her collegiate debut in No. 7 Oregon State’s victory over UC Irvine.
• The freshman’s 20 points tied with Sydney Wiese for the third-most by a Beaver freshman in their debut.
• Did all of her scoring in the first half, going 8-for-9 from the floor to head into the locker room with 20 points.
• Also added a steal and a block on defense in the win.
• This is the first-career Freshman of the Week honor for Jones and the seventh all-time for Oregon State.
Also nominated: Eboni Walker, ASU; Evelien Lutje Schipholt, CAL; Jaylyn Sherrod, COLO; Ashten Prechtel, STAN; Endiya Rogers, USC; Brynna Maxwell, UTAH; Bella Murekatete, WSU.
|Player of the Week||Freshman of the Week|
|Nov. 11||Mikayla Pivec, OSU||Taylor Jones, OSU|