A Players Program Newsstand - Aug. 4
The NBA Restart is in full swing in Orlando, with the top 22 teams in the "bubble" competing for a spot in the playoffs. With all teams having played at least two of the eight seeding games, the battle for playoff positioning is heating up and a number of Wildcats are right in the thick of things.
The list of 'Cats competing in the restart includes:
Deandre Ayton (Suns)
Aaron Gordon (Magic)
Solomon Hill (Heat)
Andre Iguodala (Heat)
Rondae Hollis-Jefferson (Raptors)
Stanley Johnson (Raptors)
T.J. McConnell (Pacers)
Luke Walton (Head Coach - Kings)
?? "Yesterday Was A Busy Day For #APlayersProgram Alums in the NBA"
— Arizona Basketball (@APlayersProgram) August 5, 2020
- Deandre Ayton has helped the Suns to a pair of wins to begin the Restart as they are one of six teams competing for the 8th spot in the Western Conference playoffs: LINK
- Aaron Gordon and the Orlando Magic have won both of their games to begin the Restart as well, with Gordon leading the way in the win over Sacramento in game two
?? AG got it done last night ?? pic.twitter.com/vNb51rT9JV
— Orlando Magic (@OrlandoMagic) August 3, 2020
- Rondae Hollis-Jefferson has been a part of two wins by the Toronto Raptors, as they try to catch the Milwaukee Bucks for the top spot in the Eastern Conference: LINK
- Stanley Johnson has not appeared in either of the first two games for the Raptors, but was part of this video discussing which social justice message each player chose for their jersey
- The Indiana Pacers have also won their first two games, with TJ McConnell playing a key role in both wins thanks to moves like this:
— Indiana Pacers (@Pacers) August 3, 2020
- Andre Iguodala has played 14 and 19 minutes off the bench in the two respective games for the Miami Heat, and had this assist in crunch time of game two:
The squad fell short today despite a furious comeback led by @Goran_Dragic's 20 point 2nd half.#TheDragon was set up perfectly for this clutch 3 by @Andre's impressive @StateFarm assist pic.twitter.com/ExqDYpnn9l
— x - Miami HEAT (@MiamiHEAT) August 3, 2020
- Solomon Hill has played in one of the two games for the Miami Heat, who are currently the fourth seed in the Eastern Conference. He's also taken time while in Orlando to continue to be a positive influence in his community: LINK
- The Sacramento Kings and Luke Walton are 0-2 to start play in the Restart, but that hasn't stopped them from continuing to improve: LINK
Here's a look at what the restart of the season looks like in terms of what teams are included and how the standings will work:
All 2019-20 NBA Restart games are played across three venues at the ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex in Orlando, Florida and will begin on July 30. Based on a competitive format approved by the NBA Board of Governors and the NBPA, 22 teams will return to play during the 2019-20 NBA season. The 22 teams consist of the 16 teams (eight per conference) in current playoff positions and the six teams that are currently six games or fewer behind the eighth seed in their respective conferences.
At the conclusion of the seeding games, if the eighth seed is four games or fewer ahead of the ninth seed, those teams would compete in a play-in tournament to determine the eighth playoff seed. Playoffs and Finals will proceed in the traditional, conference-based format.
CLICK HERE TO VIEW THE LATEST STANDINGS