Pac-12 Men's Basketball Weekly Awards, presented by Nextiva - Nov. 30, 2020
SAN FRANCISCO - The Pac-12 announced its first weekly honors of the 2020-21 men's basketball season as presented by Nextiva.
Pac-12 Men's Basketball Player of the Week (11/30/20)
McKinley Wright IV, Colorado
Sr., G, North Robbinsdale, Minn.
• Third Pac-12 Player of the Week honor (1/6/20, 1/8/18), tied with Askia Booker for the most by a Colorado player since joining the Conference in 2011-12.
• The Naismith Trophy, Wooden and Cousy Awards candidate averaged 22.0 points on 64 percent shooting (18-28), 5.0 assists and 4.0 rebounds in season-opening victories over South Dakota and host Kansas State at the Little Apple Classic.
• It marked the first time the Buffaloes have opened a season with two wins away from home since 1960-61.
• First CU player to open a season with back-to-back 20-point games since Alec Burks in 2010-11.
• Became the 13th CU player to reach 1,400 career points with a game-high 24 points in 76-58 victory over Kansas State.
ALSO NOMINATED: Jordan Brown, Arizona; Josh Christopher, Arizona State; Ryan Betley, California; Warith Alatishe, Oregon State; Jaime Jaquez Jr., UCLA; Evan Mobley, USC.
Pac-12 Men's Basketball Freshman of the Week (11/30/20)
Josh Christopher, Arizona State
Fr., G, Carson, Calif.
• Paced Arizona State with 18.7 points on 58 percent shooting (22-38) as the Sun Devils went 2-1 on opening week.
• In second collegiate contest, matched game-high with 28 points - the ninth-most ever by an ASU freshman - against then-No. 3 Villanova.
• The 28 points versus the Wildcats are tied for the most by a freshman in NCAA Division I so far this season.
• Went for 17 points on 8-of-11 shooting and six rebounds in just 22 minutes of action in ASU's 100-77 victory over Houston Baptist.
• First ASU recipient of Pac-12 Freshman of the Week award (created in 2019-20).
ALSO NOMINATED: Monty Bowser, California; Jabari Walker, Colorado; Isaiah Johnson, Oregon State; Evan Mobley, USC; Efe Abogidi, Washington State.
2020-21 PAC-12 MEN'S BASKETBALL PLAYERS OF THE WEEK
|Player of the Week||Freshman of the Week|
|Nov. 30||McKinley Wright IV, COLO||Josh Christopher, ASU|