Baseball Opens Four-Game Set At Grand Canyon Thursday
GAME 5: Oregon State (3-1) vs. Grand Canyon (3-1)
Feb. 25, 2021 • 5:00 p.m. PT • Phoenix, Ariz. • Brazell Field at GCU Ballpark
RHP Kevin Abel (0-1, 1.93) vs. RHP Zach Barnes (1-0, 0.00)
Oregon State opens a four-game series at Grand Canyon Thursday. First pitch at Brazell Field at GCU Ballpark is slated for 5 p.m. PT (6 p.m. in Arizona).
All games air on the Beaver Sports Network with pre-game 30 minutes before first pitch. Affiliates include KEJO 1240-AM (Corvallis), KKNX 840-AM (Eugene), KCFM 1250-AM & 104.1-FM (Florence), KLAD 960-AM & 93.3-FM (Klamath Falls), KTMT 880-AM & 96.1-FM (Medford, weekend games), Rip City Radio 620-AM (Portland), 102.3 FM (weekday games prior to 5:30 p.m.), KSKR 1490-AM (Roseburg) and KBZY 1490-AM (Salem, weekend games).
Catch the game online by visiting osubeavers.com, and find the live broadcast on the Oregon State baseball schedule page. The games can be heard via the TuneIn application, which is available for smartphones and tablets (search Beaver Sports Network).
The game will not be broadcast.
Grand Canyon will host a live stream via YouTube for each of the four games. The direct link can be found by visiting osubeavers.com.
Live stats for the game can be accessed by clicking on the live stats link located on the baseball schedule page on osubeavers.com.
Jake Dukart hit his first career home run and drove in a pair of runs to pace OSU to a 5-2 win over New Mexico Monday in Surprise. Andy Armstrong, who led OSU with three hits, also drove in two runs. Will Frisch earned the win after limiting the Lobos to five hits and two runs in five innings.
Against Grand Canyon
• Oregon State is meeting Grand Canyon for just the sixth time in school history Thursday.
• It's the first matchup between the teams since a 4-2 Grand Canyon win in 1994.
• Oregon State leads the series 3-2 and is 2-0 in Phoenix.
• Rich Dorman, now in his second season at Oregon State, served as Grand Canyon's pitching coach from 2017-19.
• Dorman's last staff at GCU posted a 4.16 ERA, the second-best mark in the school's history in then-14 years at the Division I level.
• Seven pitchers from Dorman's last pitching staff remain on Grand Canyon's 2021 roster.
• Oregon State pitchers threw in 36 innings during the Sanderson Ford College Baseball Classic.
• The Beavers held opponents to just 10 runs overall.
• OSU's staff held opponents scoreless in 31 of those 36 innings.
Ober Pac-12 Player Of The Week
• Ryan Ober was named the Pac-12 Player of the Week on Wednesday.
• The junior hit two home runs and drove in nine runs in the Beavers' first three games in Surprise (game four did not count toward player of the week nominations).
• It is Ober's first career weekly honor and the 77th all-time for the Beavers, third most in the Pac-12.
In The Pac-12
• OSU comes into the series with a Pac-12 best .377 batting average, and is just one of two teams above .300.
• The Beavers also lead the league with 10 doubles, six home runs, four triples and 41 runs scored.
• Preston Jones leads the league with a .583 batting average, eight runs scored and three triples.
• Ryan Ober (nine), Joe Casey (eight) and Andy Armstrong (seven) rank in the top three in the Pac-12 in RBI.
• Armstrong is tops with eight hits.