Ducks Pick Up First Win of 2021
SALEM, Ore. – Oregon picked up its first win of the 2021 season Thursday, coming away with a 4-1 win on the road against Corban to improve to 1-2 on the young season.
How It Happened: The Ducks put up the first four points of the match to, winning three in straight sets to lock up the victory. Savannah Siegrist and Delaney Hopen secured the first Oregon point of the day with a 21-17, 21-15 win at the No. 2 spot, before Josie Cole and Zoe Almanza followed with a 21-19, 21-15 win at No. 4 to make it 2-0, Ducks.
The third Oregon sweep came at the No. 5 spot, where Bea Wetton and Ashley Schroeder picked up a convincing 21-12, 21-15 win to clinch the match. On court No. 3, Vivian Donovan and Madelyn Lafollette bounced back from a close loss in their opening set to win 20-22, 21-16, 15-6 to put up the fourth point of the day. Carly Wallace and Anastasia Lima dropped a heartbreaker at the No. 1 spot, winning the opening set but ultimately falling, 17-21, 21-17, 15-13.
Oregon 4, Corban 1
1. Lauren Condon/Melanie Miller (CRB) def. Carly Wallace/Anastasia Lima (ORE), 17-21, 21-17, 15-13
2. Savannah Siegrist/Delaney Hopen (ORE) def. Briana Ayala/Kaitlin Hunter (CRB), 21-17, 21-15
3. Vivian Donovan/Madelyn Lafollette (ORE) def. Nicole Bantilan/Kalisi Latu (CRB), 20-22, 21-16, 15-6
4. Josie Cole/Zoe Almanza (ORE) def. Jacquelyn Clark/Jolinn Daviscourt (CRB), 21-19, 21-15
5. Bea Wetton/Ashley Schroeder (ORE) def. Haley Paul/Natalia Olabarrieta (CRB), 21-12, 21-15
Order of Finish – 2, 4, 5, 3, 1
Up Next: The Ducks have the next 12 days off before hosting just their second-ever home match in program history in a rematch with Corban on March 16.