Game Notes: Soccer Hosts ASU, Arizona
Oregon returns to Pape' Field to face undefeated Arizona State Friday at 7 p.m. and Arizona Sunday at noon (Pac-12 Network).
WHAT TO WATCH
• Ally Cook ranks second in the Pac-12 and 27th nationally in game-winning goals with two. She scored the game-winners in the Feb. 7 season opener against Gonzaga and the Feb. 26 upset of No. 3 Stanford.
• No. 3 Stanford was the highest-ranked team the Ducks have defeated since knocking off No. 3 UCLA 2-1 in overtime in 2006.
• Junior Zoe Hasenauer continues to move up the school career lists. With two shots Sunday versus USC, Hasenauer passed Erin Anderson (100/1996-99) for ninth in career shots with 101. She is also tied for eighth in career assists with 10.
• Eden Hardy has attempted 11 shots through six games. Her high for a season is 13 shots both as a junior and a sophomore.
• Making two saves Feb. 7 versus Gonzaga, Leah Freeman became the first UO freshman goalkeeper to win a season opener since Jessie Chatfield in 2005. She had four stops Feb. 26 against Stanford - coming one second away from a clean sheet - and made a season-best five saves Feb. 28 versus California.
• Graeme Abel, the Ducks' fourth head coach in the modern era (1996-present), brings a pair of World Cup championships with him to Eugene after serving as an assistant coach for the U.S. National Team in 2015 and 2019.