Pac-12 Baseball Weekly Awards - March 23, 2021
Pac-12 Baseball Player of the Week: John Thomas, Sr., INF/OF, USC (Los Angeles, Calif.)
3 GP, .600 AVG, .636 OBP, .700 SLG, 6 RBI, 2 R, 6 H, 1 BB
- Led USC with six hits as the Trojans picked up their first Pac-12 sweep since 2015, taking all three games at Washington.
- Went 6-for-10 at the plate, with a team-high six RBIs.
- The senior had a career day on Saturday, going 5-for-5 with four RBIs, both career bests for the senior who had prior never had a multi-RBI game.
- Helped lead USC to a 7-5 comeback win in Saturday's series clincher. After the Trojans fell behind 3-0, drove in the winning runs in the sixth inning.
- Also helped USC start with a two-run double in the first inning of the finale, which ended in victory for the Trojans with a final score of 11-3.
Pac-12 Baseball Pitcher of the Week: Cullen Kafka, Jr., RHP, OREGON (Walnut Creek, Calif.)
1 GP, 7.0 IP, 4 H, 0 ER, 11 K
- Picked up a win for Oregon over Arizona State on Saturday, striking out a career-high 11 while allowing no runs on just four hits and no walks in 7.0 innings pitched, which was new career-best in a Pac-12 game.
- He also extended his streak to 16 innings without allowing a run.
- Set career high in strikeouts for the third straight game.
- Faced runners on second and third with no outs in the second inning, but got out of it with back-to-back strikeouts and a weak ground out to keep ASU off the board.
- Struck out 10 of the last 20 batters he faced while allowing just two hits during that stretch.
Player of the Week: Cole Elvis, CAL; Aaron Zavala, ORE; Garret Forrester, OSU; Nick Brueser, STAN; Jt Schwartz, UCLA; Matt Richardson, UTAH; Collin Montez, WSU.
Pitcher of the Week: Sean Sullivan, CAL; Brendan Beck, STAN; Zach Pettway, UCLA; Garrett Clarke, USC; Randon Hostert, UTAH; Logan Gerling, WASH; Brandon White, WSU.