Baseball Hosts Gonzaga For Two
GAME 27: Oregon State (20-6) vs. Gonzaga (16-10)
April 5, 2021 • 5:35 p.m. PT • Corvallis, Ore. • Goss Stadium at Coleman Field
RHP Will Frisch (2-0, 3.63) vs. RHP Alec Gomez (3-0, 4.37)
Oregon State starts a two-game midweek series with Gonzaga Monday night at Goss Stadium at Coleman Field. First pitch is slated for 5:35 p.m. PT.
All games air on the Beaver Sports Network with pre-game 30 minutes before first pitch. Affiliates include KEJO 1240-AM (Corvallis), KKNX 840-AM (Eugene), KCFM 1250-AM & 104.1-FM (Florence), KLAD 960-AM & 93.3-FM (Klamath Falls), KTMT 880-AM & 96.1-FM (Medford, weekend games), Rip City Radio 620-AM (Portland), 102.3 FM (weekday games prior to 5:30 p.m.), KSKR 1490-AM (Roseburg) and KBZY 1490-AM (Salem, weekend games).
Catch the game online by visiting osubeavers.com, and find the live broadcast on the Oregon State baseball schedule page. The games can be heard via the TuneIn application, which is available for smartphones and tablets (search Beaver Sports Network).
The game will not be broadcast.
The game can also be found online by visiting OSUBeavers.com; click on the schedule link for a direct link to live video.
A live video stream, produced by Oregon State, will be available. Visit the baseball schedule page on osubeavers.com for a link.
Jake Dukart doubled twice and drove in two runs in the eighth in Oregon State's 5-3 loss to Utah Saturday in the three-game series finale. The Beavers went up 1-0 in the second on Andy Armstrong's single but the Utes scored four unearned runs in the fifth to take the lead for good. Dukart was 2-for-3 with a walk to extend his hit streak to three games.
Back To Feb. 21
• Tuesday's game marks the second of the season between the teams; they met Feb. 21 in Surprise.
• Oregon State won the game, 20-4, thanks to a 13-run sixth inning. That's tied for the fourth-most runs in an inning by any team nationally this season.
• Preston Jones went 4-for-4 in the win while Joe Casey was 2-for-5 with five RBI. Andy Armstrong, Troy Claunch and Ryan Ober all drove in three.
• Jack Washburn picked up the win with 1 2/3 scoreless relief innings and Brock Townsend earned a three-inning save.
• Oregon State is 13-4 in non-conference play this season, most recently defeating Portland, 7-1, on March 30.
• The Beavers are averaging 5.82 runs per game in non-conference play while limiting opponents to 2.53. The team's earned run average in those games is 2.12.
Jake Dukart Seven Hits In Three
• Jake Dukart comes into Monday's game with a three-game hit streak where he is 7-for-10 with three doubles, four RBI and two walks.
• Dukart has reached base safely in seven consecutive games.
• Speaking of reach base streaks, Micah McDowell currently leads the team with 10 consecutive games. Dukart and Ryan Ober are close behind at seven.
• Ober has a seven-game hit streak. He is 11-for-30 during the streak with two home runs, three doubles and six RBI. He has also scored nine runs.
• Saturday's game marked the first time this season the Beavers lost when scoring first.
• Both teams also had six hits Saturday; it's the first time OSU equaled a team in hits.
• Oregon State has allowed 33 hits over the last eight games. That's an average of 4.1 per nine innings.