Bruins Split Squad for West Coast Classic
LOS ANGELES – UCLA's 2021 outdoor season continues with a split-squad trip to the West Coast Classic, a one-day competition on Saturday, April 17. The distance races and throws will be contested at Hayward Field in Eugene, Ore. (University of Oregon), while sprints, jumps, and pole vault will take place at Roy P. Drachmann Stadium in Tucson, Ariz. (University of Arizona).
MEET INFORMATION – West Coast Classic
- Saturday, April 17
- Eugene, Ore. / Tucson, Ariz.
- Live Results (Oregon) / Live Results (Arizona)
- Meet Schedule (Oregon) / Meet Schedule (Arizona)
PAC-12 WOMEN'S TRACK ATHLETE OF THE WEEK: Shae Anderson
Redshirt sophomore sprinter/hurdler Shae Anderson has been named the Pac-12 Women's Track Athlete of the Week, the Conference office announced Wednesday. Anderson was awarded weekly honors following her performance at the Rafer Johnson/Jackie Joyner-Kersee Invitational (April 8-9) at Drake Stadium. Anderson notched a stellar performance in the 400m hurdle competition, clocking a winning time of 56.45 in her first collegiate appearance in the event. It's the second-fastest collegiate time in the nation and moves Anderson into eighth place all-time on UCLA's performance list in the event. The Norco, Calif., native also won the women's 100m competition, crossing the line at 11.50 for a lifetime-best time.
MEET RECAP – Rafer Johnson/Jackie Joyner-Kersee Invitational (April 8-9)
The Bruins hosted the annual Rafer Johnson/Jackie Joyner-Kersee Invitational last week at Drake Stadium. Isa Videler notched a victory in her first full heptathlon of the season, compiling a lifetime-best total of 5,290 points to secure the overall victory. Maddy Doane continued her impressive outdoor campaign, picking up a victory in the 200m with a lifetime-best time of 23.66. Myles Misener-Daley took the win in the men's competition, crossing with a time of 21.43. Kyle Brown was the victor in the men's pole vault, notching a clearance of 5.07m (16-07.50), his best mark as a Bruin. DJ Lawson earned the win in the men's 3000m, clocking a time of 8:41.40 in his first 3k performance of the season. Christian Grubb and Shelbi Schauble made their respective UCLA triple jump, going 14.35m (47-01.00) and 10.58m (34-08.50), respectively.
NOTES ON THE BRUINS
- Four Bruin women have ducked under the 24-second barrier in the 200m this year: Shae Anderson (23.32), Maddy Doane (23.66), Makenzy Pierre-Webster (23.80), Catherine Leger (23.85).
- The Bruins account for four of the Pac-12's top 15 performers in the women's 100m: Shae Anderson (No. 7 – 11.50), Maddy Doane (tied for No. 12 – 11.63), Chinyere Okoro (tied for No. 12 – 11.63), and Catherine Leger (No. 15 – 11.66).
- Shae Anderson is one of only eight collegiate athletes in the nation to have broken the 52-second barrier in the 400m this year (51.84).
- Ilaria Casarotto is the Pac-12's top performer in the women's javelin at 51.72m (169-08).
- At 7.76m (25-05.50), Harrison Schrage leads all Pac-12 performers in the long jump by 31 centimeters.
- Peter Herold ran 8:59.05 in the 3000m Steeplechase at the Stanford Invitational (April 2), the second-fastest time in the Pac-12 this season.
- The Bruins account for four of the Pac-12's top 25 men's 400m performers: Ismail Turner (No. 9 – 46.83), Myles Misener-Daley (No. 13 – 47.22), Cameron Reynolds (No. 16 – 47.53), and Chase Wells (No. 22 – 47.94).
NATIONAL TIMES/MARKS – UCLA on National Performance Lists
The following student-athletes have registered times/marks among the top 50 collegiate performances this year:
100m – 48. Shae Anderson (11.50) – Rafer/JJK Invite (Apr. 8)
200m – 33. Shae Anderson (23.32) – Bob Larsen Track Meet (Mar. 27)
400m – 7. Shae Anderson (51.84) – Bob Larsen Track Meet (Mar. 27)
400m – 35. Meleni Rodney (53.37) – Stanford Invite (Apr. 2)
400mH – 2. Shae Anderson (56.45) – Rafer/JJK Invite (Apr. 8)
4x100m Relay – 20. C. Okoro, C. Leger, Maddy Doane, M. Pierre-Webster (44.49) – Stanford Invite (Apr. 2)
Shot Put – 41. Alyssa Wilson (16.00m, 52-06.00) – Bob Larsen Track Meet (Mar. 27)
Discus – 50. Alyssa Wilson (52.00m, 170-07) – Bob Larsen Track Meet (Mar. 27)
Hammer – 10. Alyssa Wilson (66.50m, 218-02) – Bob Larsen Track Meet (Mar. 27)
Javelin – 19. Ilaria Casarotto (51.72m, 169-08) – Stanford Invitational (Apr. 2)
Javelin – 46. Lauren McFall (48.49m, 159-01) – Bob Larsen Track Meet (Mar. 27)
Heptathlon – 25. Isa Videler (5290) – Rafer/JJK Invite (Apr. 8-9)
Heptathlon – 40. Christina Chenault – Rafer/JJK Invite (Apr. 8-9)
3000m Steeplechase – 29. Peter Herold (8:59.05) – Stanford Invite (Apr. 2)
4x100m Relay – 45. S. Holloway, H. Schrage, C. Moore, K. Higgins II (40.35) – Stanford Invite (Apr. 2)
Pole Vault – 39. Tate Curran (5.20m, 17-00.75) – Jim Bush Legends Invite (Mar. 24)
Long Jump – 18. Harrison Schrage (7.76m, 25-05.50) – Stanford Invite (Apr. 2)
Shot Put – 29. Jacob Wilson (18.69m, 61-04.00) – Stanford Invite (Apr. 2)