USC Track & Field Wins All 12 Events It Competes In During Final Day Of The Beach Invitational
Apr 17, 2021
Davonte Burnett won the men's 100m and 200m dashes and USC won all 12 events it competed in during the final day of the annual Beach Invitational held at Jack Rose Track in Long Beach, Calif. today (April 17).
- Temi Ojora won the women's triple jump with a PR of 43-3.75/13.20m (-0.3). That jump moved her from tied for 6th to 5th on USC's all-time list. It also qualified her for the World Juniors for Great Britain and ranks 12th on the NCAA descending order list entering today's action.
- Jalyn Jackson won the men's triple jump with a best leap of 49-10/15.19m (+0.8).
- Morgan Smalls won the women's long jump with a best jump of 20-8.00/16.30m (+0.0) and Lanae-Tava Thomas took second with a best leap of 19-11.75/16.09m (+3.1w).
- Earnest Sears III tied for the first in the men's high jump with a clearance of 7-2.50 (2.20m).
- The day's running events for the Trojans began with the women's 100m hurdles and USC went 1-2-3. Anna Cockrell won with a season-best time of 12.84 (+0.9), Jasmine Jones was second with a PR of 12.89 (+0.9) and Mecca McGlaston was third with a season-best time of 13.14 (+0.9). Jones moved from seventh to sixth on USC's all-time list. Cockrell is now second, Jones fourth and McGlaston 17th on the NCAA descending order list.
- Tade Ojora won the men's 110m hurdles with a time of 14.04 (-1.1). He won the event by 0.72 seconds.
- USC took the first seven places in the women's 400m dash. Kyra Constantine and Kaelin Roberts tied for first at 51.85, Jan'Taijah Ford was third with a season-best time of 52.49, Bailey Lear was fourth with a time of 52.50, Rae-Anne Serville was fifth with a season-best time of 53.02, Cockrell was sixth with a time of 53.39 (1st collegiate open 400m race) and Breanna Bernard-Joseph was seventh with a PR of 54.02.
- Brian Herron won the men's 400m race with a PR of 45.85. That time currently ranks 16th on the NCAA descending order list. Nicholas Ramey was second in the 400m race with a time of 46.67 and Cameron Samuel was third with a PR of 46.88.
- TeeTee Terry won the women's 100m dash wit a time of 11.32 (-1.6). Angie Annelus made her 2021 individual event debut with a time of 11.59 (-1.6) to finish second.
- Davonte Burnett won the men's 100m dash with a time fo 10.49 (-0.7). Brendon Stewart finished second in the 100m with a time of 10.63 (-0.7), Daniel Robinson was third with a time of 10.84 (-0.7) and Alexander Barnum was fourth with a time of 10.86 (-0.7).
- The Trojan women took the first six spots in the 200m race with Thomas winning with a time of 23.13 (-2.0), followed by Terry in second at 23.41 (-2.0), Nicole Yeargin in third at 23.67 (-2.0), Lear fourth at 23.84 (-2.0), Jones fifth at 24.01 (-2.0) and Ford sixth at 24.07 (-2.0).
- Burnett became a two-time winner by taking the men's 200m with a wind-legal PR of 21.35 (-0.8). Ramey was second in the 200m with a PR of 21.36 (-0.8) and Robinson was third with a time of 21.52 (-0.8).
Related News & Videos
30 minutes ago