No. 13 USC Men’s Tennis Tacks Up 4-1 Win Over Oregon In Pac-12 Quarterfinals
SAN DIEGO, CALIF. — The No. 13 USC men's tennis team scored a smooth 4-1 win over Oregon in today's Pac-12 quarterfinals to punch a ticket to the semifinals at Barnes Tennis Center in San Diego, Calif. The Trojans are in pursuit of a fifth title at the Pac-12 Team Championship and have improved to 18-6 overall with today's win over the Ducks.
USC would collect the doubles point with wins on courts one and two. At the top spot, #14 Daniel Cukierman and Riley Smith teamed up for a 6-4 decision for an e early leg up. On court two, Stefan Dostanic and Bradley Frye had match point elude them once, but they'd get it done a game later to keep their record perfect with a 6-3 victory to push USC on to singles with a 1-0 lead in-hand.
Singles action unfurled with the Trojans whipping up a 3-0 lead with swift victories on courts five and three. At the No. 5 spot, freshman Lodewijk Weststrate hammered out a 6-3, 6-1 win over Brandon Lam to give USC some padding, and then #82 Stefan Dostanic tore his way to a 6-4, 6-3 win over Quinn Vandecasteele to tug the Trojans ahead 3-0. Oregon got on the board when Jesper Klov-Nilsson managed a 6-3, 6-2 win over Bradley Frye on court four, only to see USC senior #40 Daniel Cukierman come through with the clinchers on a 6-3, 6-1 decision over Emmanuel Coste on court one to secure the semifinal ticket for the Trojans.
USC will face No. 2 seed Arizona tomorrow (April 25) at 3 p.m. in the Pac-12 semifinals in San Diego. It's a chance for the Trojans to avenge an earlier Pac-12 road loss to the Wildcats as USC looks to claim a fifth Pac-12 title.
 USC 4,  Oregon 1
April 24, 2021| Barnes Tennis Center (San Diego, Calif.)
(1) #14 Cukierman/R. Smith (USC) def. #42 Charlton/Q. Vandecasteele (ORE) - 6-4
(2) Dostanic/Frye (USC) def. Coste/Klov-Nilsson (ORE) - 6-3
(3) Jackson/Sands (USC) vs. Lam/Matsushita (ORE) - 5-4 susp.
Order of finish: 1, 2
USC wins doubles point.
(1) #40 Daniel Cukierman (USC) def. Emmanuel Coste (ORE) - 6-3, 6-1*
(2) #36 Riley Smith (USC) vs. #107 Joshua Charlton (ORE) - 2-6, 5-4 susp.
(3) #82 Stefan Dostanic (USC) def. Quinn Vandecasteele (ORE) - 6-4, 6-3
(4) Jesper Klov-Nilsson (ORE) def. Bradley Frye (USC) - 6-3, 6-2
(5) Lodewijk Weststrate (USC) def. Brandon Lam (ORE) - 6-3, 6-1
(6) Jake Sands (USC) vs. Luke Vandecasteele (ORE) - 7-6 (5), 1-3 susp.
Order of finish: 5, 3, 4, 1*