Beavers Return To Reser Saturday Versus Hawai'i
GAME 2: OREGON STATE VS. HAWAI'I
September 11, 2021 • Corvallis, Ore. • Reser Stadium • 8:00 p.m. PT • FS1
Series Record: OSU leads, 7-4
Last Meeting: 2019 (L, 28-31)
First Meeting: 1923 (L, 0-3)
Streak: Lost 1
Last 10: 7-3
In Corvallis: OSU leads, 2-0
In Honolulu: OSU leads, 5-4
Neutral site: None
Play-By-Play: Alex Faust
Analyst: Petros Papadakis
Radio: Beaver Sports Network, Varsity Network (Oregon State)
Play-By-Play Mike Parker
Analyst: Jim Wilson
Sideline: Ron Callan
Pre-Game: Steve Preece
SiriusXM Radio: 111 (Sirius), 197 (XM)
SiriusXM App/Internet: 959
Live Stats: OSUBeavers.com
Xfinity Comcast: 723 HD / 408 SD
Dish Network: 150
Charter Spectrum: 211
- Oregon State plays its 2021 Reser Stadium opener when the Beavers host Hawai'i Saturday night at Reser Stadium. Kickoff is slated for 8 p.m. PT.
- The game will air live on FS1. Alex Faust (play-by-play) and Petros Papadakis (analyst) will call the action.
- The game is the 12th meeting between the teams but just the third in Corvallis, with OSU winning previously in 2008 and 2013. OSU holds a 7-4 all-time advantage.
- The game will air live on the Beaver Sports Radio Network. For a list of affiliates, turn to page two of these notes.
- Every game this season can be heard live on the Varsity Network, a free application available via smartphones and tablets. After downloading the application, search for Oregon State.
Oregon State Notes
- Running back B.J. Baylor is coming off his first career two-touchdown effort, scoring from 9 and 2 yards out, respectively, in the opener at Purdue. He also made his second career start in that game.
- Omar Speights (12 tackles) and Avery Roberts (10) led the Beavers against Purdue. Either Speights or Roberts have tied for or outright led the team in tackles for 14 consecutive games. The last Beaver other than Speights or Roberts to outright lead the team in tackles was Jalen Moore in the sixth game of 2019 versus Utah. Moore is now a recruiting assistant for the Beavers.
- Hawai'i won the 2019 matchup, 31-28, after connecting on a 28-yard field goal with 2:17 remaining in the fourth quarter.
- Jermar Jefferson ran for 183 yards and Isaiah Hodgins caught seven passes for 96 yards. Avery Roberts led the defense with nine tackles, including one sack.
- OSU led 28-21 at the half but Hawai'i scored a touchdown in the third quarter before the game-winning field goal in the fourth.
- Oregon State is hosting Hawai'i for the first time since 2013, a 33-14 win. The Beavers are 2-0 in Corvallis, including a 45-7 victory in 2008. OSU is 5-4 in the games played in Honolulu.
- Just 23 players on the 2021 roster played in the 2019 game at Hawai'i.
- The Beavers played Hawai'i in the 1999 Oahu Bowl, a 23-17 loss. Head coach Jonathan Smith, then a Beaver quarterback, was 19-of-40 passing for 269 yards.
- Gerard Lawson tied the Oregon State record with a 100-yard kickoff return in the 2006 game in Honolulu, a 35-32 Oregon State victory.
- Jermar Jefferson's 183 rushing yards in the 2019 game are the most by a Beaver in the series.
- Hawai'i linebacker Isaiah Tufaga played as a freshman for OSU in 2018 and appeared in nine games, starting three. He recorded 36 tackles and 3.5 tackles for loss.
News, Notes And More
Twitter.com/BeaverFootball is still the program's main Twitter handle, but the Twitter.com/BeaverFBNews account was created prior to the 2019 season.
Follow @BeaverFBNews for news, pre-game and in-game notes and more. The handle will post in-game news and scoring information as it happens.
- OSU is 16-5 in home openers since 2000.
- The Beavers are 5-2 in their last seven home openers dating back to 2014. OSU has outscored its opponents, 239-175, over that stretch.
On This Date
- Oregon State has played on Sept. 11 five times, going 1-4.
- The Beavers last played on Sept. 11 in 1999, a 46-23 win over Fresno State in Corvallis.
Against The Mountain West
- Saturday is the first time Oregon State has hosted an MWC team since Sept. 24, 2016 versus Boise State.
- The Beavers' last game against an MWC opponent was the 2019 matchup at Hawai'i.
- OSU is 39-29 against current members of the MWC.