Cardinal in the NFL
Sep 8, 2021
- Stanford begins the 2021 National Football League season with 24 players on active, 53-man rosters, three on practice squads and two more on reserve lists, totaling 29 former Cardinal on NFL rosters.
- Two franchises - New Orleans and Philadelphia - have three active Cardinal on their 53-man rosters, while the Patriots, Cowboys, Giants and Texans each have two. Levine Toilolo is on the reserve list for the Giants, as well. The Broncos (Cameron Fleming, Curtis Robinson [PS]) and Falcons (Drew Dalman, James Vaughters [PS]) each have two, also. In total, 17 franchises feature a Cardinal. Make it 18 if you count San Francisco 49ers General Manager, John Lynch, the newest Pro Football Hall of Famer.
- All five Cardinal who were drafted in 2021 made active rosters - Walker Little (Jaguars), Paulson Adebo (Saints), Davis Mills (Texans), Drew Dalman (Falcons) and Simi Fehoko (Cowboys).
- New teams in 2021: Henry Anderson (Patriots), Cameron Fleming (Broncos), Brennan Scarlett (Dolphins) and Solomon Thomas (Raiders).
- Stanford has had 42 players selected in the NFL Draft since 2012, the most in the Pac-12.
- Over the last seven NFL Drafts, Stanford has had 29 players drafted.
- In 12 consecutive drafts, multiple Cardinal have been taken, while at least one offensive and one defensive player have been selected in eight straight drafts.
- Stanford's eight tight ends drafted since 2010 are the most in the nation. (Dray, Fleener, Ertz, Toilolo, Hooper, Schultz, Smith, Parkinson). The Cardinal has had the most tight ends on NFL Kickoff Weekend active rosters for nine straight years (through 2020).
- Stanford's 16 quarterbacks drafted in the Modern Era (since 1967) rank second in the nation. [behind USC 19, tied with Ohio State] Stanford's 24 quarterbacks drafted all-time rank second in the nation. [behind USC 25]
- Stanford is one of six schools all-time to produce at least four No. 1 overall NFL Draft picks (Auburn, Georgia, Notre Dame, Oklahoma, USC). The Cardinal is the only school to have four quarterbacks taken with the No. 1 overall pick (Garrett, Plunkett, Elway, Luck).
Cardinal In The NFL
|Paulson Adebo||1st||New Orleans Saints|
|Henry Anderson||7th||New England Patriots|
|J.J. Arcega-Whiteside||3rd||Philadelphia Eagles|
|Jake Bailey||3rd||New England Patriots|
|Drew Dalman||1st||Atlanta Falcons|
|Zach Ertz||9th||Philadelphia Eagles|
|Simi Fehoko||1st||Dallas Cowboys|
|Cameron Fleming||8th||Denver Broncos|
|Nate Herbig||3rd||Philadelphia Eagles|
|Austin Hooper||6th||Cleveland Browns|
|Walker Little||1st||Jacksonville Jaguars|
|Blake Martinez||6th||New York Giants|
|Christian McCaffrey||5th||Carolina Panthers|
|Davis Mills||1st||Houston Texans|
|Ty Montgomery||7th||New Orleans Saints|
|Bobby Okereke||3rd||Indianapolis Colts|
|Andrus Peat||7th||New Orleans Saints|
|Harrison Phillips||4th||Buffalo Bills|
|Justin Reid||4th||Houston Texans|
|Brennan Scarlett||6th||Miami Dolphins|
|Dalton Schultz||4th||Dallas Cowboys|
|Kaden Smith||3rd||New York Giants|
|Solomon Thomas||5th||Las Vegas Raiders|
|Casey Toohill||2nd||Washington Football Team|
|Trenton Irwin [Practice Squad]||4th||Cincinnati Bengals|
|Colby Parkinson [Injured Reserve]||2nd||Seattle Seahawks|
|Curtis Robinson [Practice Squad]||1st||Denver Broncos|
|Levine Toilolo [Injured Reserve]||9th||New York Giants|
|James Vaughters [Practice Squad]||4th||Atlanta Falcons|
Related News & Videos
9 minutes ago
6 seconds ago