Bruins in the NFL: Week 2
Sep 21, 2021
Week 2 of the 2021 NFL season saw 19 former UCLA football players active across the league. Rookies Demetric Felton and Osa Odighizuwa each had standout performances, with Felton turning in his first-career touchdown.
- Krys Barnes, LB, Green Bay Packers – Barnes recovered a fumble by Detroit quarterback Jared Goff to set up a short field for the Packers on Monday night. The Packers' subsequent fourth-quarter touchdown sealed a 35-17 win. Barnes added four total tackles in a starting role.
- Kenny Clark, NT, Green Bay Packers – Clark was active as a starter on the defensive line, registering five total tackles and a quarterback hurry in Green Bay's win.
- Demetric Felton, RB, Cleveland Browns – Felton made the most of his initial three career offensive snaps, catching two balls for 51 yards. His first grab went for a 33-yard touchdown. Felton also returned three punts for 33 yards, including a 15-yarder, and two kickoffs for 41 yards, including one for 25. For good measure, he added an assisted tackle on special teams in Cleveland's win.
- Darnay Holmes, CB, New York Giants – Holmes made his first start of 2021, posting six total tackles.
- Myles Jack, MLB, Jacksonville Jaguars – Jack logged a half dozen total tackles in a starting role.
- Eric Kendricks, MLB, Minnesota Vikings – Starter Kendricks accumulated a game-high, double-digit tackle number for the second time in as many weeks, totaling 11. One stop went for a loss.
- Takkarist McKinley, DE, Cleveland Browns – McKinley was responsible for three total tackles, including one for a loss of three yards.
- Fabian Moreau, CB, Atlanta Falcons – Moreau made three total tackles as a starter in Atlanta's defensive backfield.
- Osa Odighizuwa, DT, Dallas Cowboys – Odighizuwa was a force in his second-career game, making two total tackles and hurrying the quarterback twice. His second hurry led to an interception in the Dallas end zone. The Cowboys would go on to kick a go-ahead fourth-quarter field goal and ultimately defeated the Chargers by a 20-17 score.
- Josh Rosen, QB, Atlanta Falcons – Rosen relieved starting quarterback Matt Ryan late in Atlanta's loss to defending champion Tampa Bay and went 0 for 2.
- Matthew Slater, WR, New England Patriots – Special-teams stalwart Slater turned in an assisted tackle on a kickoff.
- Jacob Tuioti-Mariner, LB, Atlanta Falcons – Tuioti-Mariner contributed two total tackles and one pass defensed.
- Kenny Young, ILB, Los Angeles Rams – Starter Young made five total tackles in the Rams' 27-24 win at Indianapolis.
- C Jake Brendel (San Francisco 49ers), C Andre James (Las Vegas Raiders), TE Marcedes Lewis (Green Bay Packers), OT Kolton Miller (Las Vegas Raiders), C Scott Quessenberry (Los Angeles Chargers) and OG Xavier Su'a Filo (Cincinnati Bengals) also played, but did not record any statistics.
— NFL (@NFL) September 19, 2021