Utah To Host #18 Arizona State Saturday Night On ESPN
The University of Utah Football team (3-2, 2-0) will look to keep the momentum going in Rice-Eccles Stadium on Saturday, Oct. 16 when it takes on the No. 18 Arizona State Sun Devils (5-1, 3-0). The Utes and the Sun Devils, who are the only two undefeated teams left in conference play, will battle it out at 8 p.m. MT on ESPN for Utah's annual Ute Proud game.
HOME SWEET HOME
Utah is currently 102-36 (.739) in Rice-Eccles Stadium (1998-present), recording its 100th win in the historic stadium in 2020. Utah is 74-25 in RES during the Kyle Whittingham era, including three undefeated home seasons in 2008 (6-0, 2009 (6-0) and 2019 (7-0). Utah has won 15 of its last 16 home games, which includes a streak of 11 in a row from Oct. 6, 2018 – Nov. 30, 2019. The Utes have beaten the Sun Devils in two of the last three games played in RES, including 2019's 21-3 victory.
Fans can get behind the scenes views and live updates during games on social media by following the Utes on Twitter (@Utah_Football | @UtahAthletics) and Instagram (@UtahFootball | @UtahAthletics). Fans can also search #GOUTES and #UBOYZ on social media for conversations about Utah Football throughout the season.
• With a win, Utah would take the lead in the Pac-12 South race.
• With a win, Utah would be 3-0 to start conference play for the first time since 2015.
• Utah has had a 100-yard rusher in four of its five games, coming from three different players.
• Utah ranks first in the Pac-12 and in the top 20 in the FBS in team tackles for loss (7.6 per game).
• With a win, Utah head coach Kyle Whittingham would be four wins away from becoming the all-time wins leader at Utah.
• Utah is 47-41 in Pac-12 Conference play and 123-163-6 all-time against Pac-12 opponents. Utah has won 13 of its last 15 conference games.
• Utah's defense has forced a Pac-12-leading 42 negative plays.
• Utah currently leads the Pac-12 and ranks fourth in the FBS in fewest penalties (22).
• Utah has out-scored its opponents 64-30 while playing in RES this season, scoring 20 of its 64 points off turnovers.
• Utah has seven consecutive years of winning seasons, dating back to 2014. The Utes have finished with a winning season in 14 of Kyle Whittingham's 16 years as head coach.
• Utah has sold out Rice-Eccles Stadium in 66 consecutive games, dating back to the 2010 season opener. Utah increased its stadium capacity from 45,807 to 51,444 with the expansion of the Ken Garff Red Zone. Official attendance for Utah's season-opener against Weber State on Sept. 2 was 51,511, a stadium record.
• Utah was picked to finish second in the Pac-12 South Division with the Utes leading all teams with five first-team preseason All-Pac-12 picks (Nick Ford, OL; Devin Lloyd, LB; Mika Tafua, DE; Jadon Redding, PK; Britain Covey, RS).
• Utah ranked No. 24 in the preseason AP Poll. The Utes have either been ranked or received votes in the last seven AP preseason polls, finishing the year ranked or receiving votes in four of those years.