Cal-Colorado Postgame Notes
Oct 23, 2021
- With today's 26-3 win, Cal improved to 7-4 all-time vs. Colorado and 5-0 against the Buffaloes in Berkeley.
- Cal held a team without a touchdown for the first time since defeating Washington State, 37-3, on Oct. 13, 2017.
- With a 38-yard rush on Cal's opening drive, Chase Garbers broke Joe Kapp's school record for most rushing yards by a Cal QB. He finished the game with 1025 career yards. Kapp had 931 yards from 1956-58. The 38-yard run was Garbers' longest of his career and tied for Cal's longest of the 2021 season. DeCarlos Brooks also had a 38-yarder in the season opener against Nevada.
- Garbers finished with a career-high 96 yards rushing. His previous best was 72 yards at Stanford in 2019.
- Garbers also connected on a season-high 75.9% of his passes (22-of-29).
- Cal scored a field goal on its first drive (8 plays, 53 yards) to mark the fifth time the Bears have scored on its opening drive this season (4 TD, 1 FG). The Bears' 5-of-7 rate (71.4%) leads the Pac-12.
- Keleki Latu's 24-yard TD catch in the first quarter was his first career reception and TD. Latu finished with three catches for 36 yards and the touchdown.
- On consecutive plays in the first quarter, Cameron Goode had his third quarterback sack of the season and Darius Long his first career sack. Goode ended the game with 1.5 sacks to give him 17.5 in his career.
- Elijah Hicks had his third career sack (first since 2019) in the second quarter. In the third quarter, he had his third career interception (first of the season) and second vs. Colorado (also 2018). Hicks also finished with a career-high 2.5 tackles for loss
- Orin Patu recorded his first career sack for a loss of seven yards.
- Marqez Bimage and Trey Paster each had a career-high 1.5 tackle for loss.
- As a team, Cal had 6.0 sacks. The last time the Bears had as many was with 6.0 at UCLA on Nov. 30. 2019. Cal also had 12.0 tackles for loss for its most since also registering 12.0 TFL's at Oregon State in 2018.
- The Bears limited Colorado to 104 yards total offense. The last time a Cal opponent had less than 150 yards was 48 yards vs. Presbyterian (48) on Sept. 17, 2011.
- Gavin Reinwald's 31-yard touchdown catch was the longest reception of his career.
- Dario Longhetto ended the first half with a 51-yard field goal, the second longest of his career. He had a 52-yarder at Oregon State in 2020. Longhetto was 4-of-4 on field goals, also hitting from 30, 33 and 49 yards. The last time a Cal kicker had four field goals in a game was Matt Anderson vs. UCLA in 2017 when he made four of his five attempts.
- Luc Bequette played in his 60th career collegiate game (49th at Cal, 11 at Boston College). Josh Drayden also played in his 50th career game, while Elijah Hicks played in his 49th (all at Cal).
- OL Everett Johnson played in his first Cal game today.
Related News & Videos
3 minutes ago
5 minutes ago