Pac-12 Women’s Basketball Performance Awards, presented by Nextiva - Nov. 29, 2021
SAN FRANCISCO - The Pac-12 today announced its women's basketball performance awards, presented by Nextiva, for games played from Nov. 22-28 and voted on by media who cover the league.
PLAYER OF THE WEEK: Cameron Brink, So., F, Stanford (Beaverton, Ore.)
» 3 G, 17.3 PPG, 12.3 RPG, 2.3 APG, 3.3 BPG, .523 FG%
- Averaged 17.3 points, 12.3 rebounds, 2.3 assists and 3.3 blocks in the Cardinal's 2-1 week at the Baha Mar Hoops Pink Flamingo Championship in the Bahamas, which featured a pair of top-five wins over then-No. 4 Indiana (69-66) and then-No. 2 Maryland (86-67).
- Started the tournament with 21 points, a career-high 22 rebounds, five assists and five blocks in Stanford's victory over the Hoosiers on Thursday.
- The third 20-point, 20-rebound, five-assist, five-block performance in women's college basketball since 1999-2000 and the first against a ranked team (Jasmine Joyner, Chattanooga - Jan. 9, 2016 vs. Furman; Anna Strickland, Houston Baptist - March 10, 2016 vs. Lamar).
- Followed that up with 23 points, 11 rebounds and four blocks in a three-point loss (57-54) to then-No. 18 South Florida on Friday.
- Came off the bench against Maryland on Saturday due to illness and chipped in eight points on a perfect 3-of-3 shooting and four rebounds.
- First career Pac-12 Player of the Week award and Stanford's 112th all-time.
ALSO NOMINATED: Jayda Curry, CAL; Dru Gylten, UTAH; Mya Hollingshed, COLO; Charisma Osborne, UCLA; Alissa Pili, USC; Cate Reese, ARIZ; Talia von Oelhoffen, OSU.
FRESHMAN OF THE WEEK: Jayda Curry, Fr., G, California (Corona, Calif.)
» 2 G, 19.0 PPG, 3.5 RPG, 4.5 APG, .344 FG%, .308 3FG%, .857 FT%
- Named to the Raising the B.A.R. Invitational powered by Cal All-Tournament Team, after averaging 19.0 points in games against Furman (W, 82-73) and Ole Miss (L, 64-45).
- Led Cal in scoring in both contests, pouring in a game-high 26 in the win over Furman, including 20 in the second half, and adding 12 against the Rebels.
- The nation's leading freshman scorer, and tied for 12th overall, averaging 21.0 points per game.
- Third consecutive Pac-12 Freshman of the Week award and California's 20th all-time.
- The fifth player in Pac-12 history to win three consecutive Pac-12 Freshman of the Week awards, joining Charlisse Leger-Walker, WSU (2020-21), Kristine Anigwe, CAL (2015-16), Maite Cazorla, ORE (2015-16) and Kelsey Plum, WASH (2013-14).
ALSO NOMINATED: Brooke Demetre, STAN; Jenna Johnson, UTAH; AJ Marotte, OSU; Gisela Sanchez, ARIZ; Kindyll Wetta, COLO.
2021-22 Pac-12 Women's Basketball Performance Awards, presented by Nextiva
|Player of the Week||Freshman of the Week|
|Nov. 15||Cate Reese, ARIZ||Jayda Curry, CAL|
|Nov. 22||Nyara Sabally, ORE||Jayda Curry, CAL|
|Nov. 29||Cameron Brink, STAN||Jayda Curry, CAL|