#11 Utah Football Ready For Rose Bowl vs. #6 Ohio State
The No. 11 University of Utah Football team will begin 2022 in Pasadena when they take on the No. 6 Ohio State Buckeyes in the 108th Rose Bowl. The game is set for a 2 p.m. PT/3 p.m. MT kick on Saturday, Jan. 1 on ESPN.
Utah is 17-6 all-time in bowl games, dating back to 1939 when the Utes beat New Mexico, 26-0, in the Sun Bowl. This will be Utah's third appearance in a New Year's Six Bowl, beating Pittsburgh (35-7) in the Fiesta Bowl in 2005 and Alabama (31-17) in the Sugar Bowl in 2009. The Utes are also 5-2 in bowl games since joining the Pac-12 Conference.
Fans can get behind the scenes views and live updates during the game on social media by following the Utes on Twitter (@Utah_Football | @UtahAthletics) and Instagram (@UtahFootball | @UtahAthletics). Fans can also search #GOUTES and #UBOYZ on social media for conversations about Utah Football.
• With a win, Utah would earn its 11th victory of the season for Kyle Whittingham's third 11+ win season.
• With a win, Utah would win its third New Year's Six Bowl and 18th bowl game overall.
• Utah has 315 offensive first downs this season which ranks 14th nationally.
• Utah has averaged 216.1 rushing yards per game (13th in the FBS) while holding opponents to just 120.1 (20th in the FBS).
• Utah is one of six Power Five programs (only Pac-12 team) that is ranked in the top 30 in the FBS in scoring offense and scoring defense.
• Utah is 11-3 in bowl games under the direction of head coach Kyle Whittingham.
• Whittingham became Utah's all-time wins leader with Utah's 38-7 win over No. 3 Oregon on Nov. 20. He is 144-69 during his time at Utah.
• Utah has appeared in the College Football Playoff rankings 35 times, which is tied for seventh in the FBS (first among Pac-12 teams).
• In Pac-12 games only, Utah led the league in scoring offense (37.2), total defense (332.0), touchdowns scored (45), total offense (454.89), rushing offense (240.78), rushing defense (111.3) and passing efficiency (145.7).
• Utah received its highest CFP ranking (No. 11) after the Pac-12 Championship Game, the 10th time it has landed inside the top-12.
• Utah has held seven of its opponents to under 100 yards rushing this season, including in four of the last five games.
• The Utes rank 11th in the FBS in team sacks (3.23) and 12th in team tackles for loss (7.4) per game.
• Utah ranks eighth in the FBS in third down conversion percentage (.487), and is 14th in the FBS in first downs offense.
• Utah has eight consecutive years of winning seasons, dating back to 2014 and has finished with a winning season in 15 of Kyle Whittingham's 17 years as head coach.