USC Track & Field Wins Three Events At CSUN, Two At Stanford Invitationals
Mihajla Milovanovic, Isabelle Cairns and Karlee Freeman won events at the CSUN Invitational in Northridge, Calif. and Sam VanDorpe and the women's 4x400m relay won events at the Stanford Invitational today (April 2).
At the CSUN Invitational:
- Mihajla Milovanovic won the women's 1500m with a PR of 4:43.60. Her winning time was two seconds faster that the second-place finisher. Giovanna Pisano also had a PR of 4:50.38 to finish third.
- Every Trojan distance runner competing at CSUN had set a PR except for Isabelle Cairns, but she won the women's 800m with a time of 2:14.87. That time was just two seconds off her personal best.
- Karlee Freeman won the women's discus throw with a mark of 168-4 (51.32m). Summer Mosley finished second in the women's discus throw with a mark of 151-10 (46.28m).
- Jack Carter took second in the men's 1500m with a PR of 3:56.49.
- Ashton Allen finished second in the men's 400m with a college-best time of 47.57.
- Makhaila Mills took second in the women's 100m dash with a time of 12.07 (+0.1).
- Dylan Lange finished second in the men's javelin throw with a best mark of 148-5 (45.24m).
- Annabel Doherty finished fourth in the women's javelin throw with a toss of 113-10 (34.71m).
- Curtis Johnson III finished fourth in the men's 100m with a time of 10.83 (+1.0)
- Morgan Fierro took fifth in the men's 800m race with a PR of 1:54.93.
At the Stanford Invitational:
- VanDorpe won the men's 800m race with a time of 1:49.65 and Bobby Poynter took seventh in his heat and 13th overall with a time of 1:51.97.
- USC's women's 4x400m relay team of Alyssa Brewer, Janiah Brown, Gigi Maccagnini and Jemima Russell won with a time of 3:41.51.
- Jalyn Jackson finished second in the men's triple jump with a best leap of 51-0.25/15.55 (+0.7).
- Temi Ojora took third in the women's triple jump with a best mark of 41-8/12.70 (-0.1). She had a very consistent series with all five of her legal jumps falling within a five-inch window.
- Maccagnini won her women's 800m heat with a time of 2:06.79, best by a Trojan in the early season. Brewer took sixth in her 800m heat with a time of 2:07.80 in her 2022 outdoor 800m debut. Russell, who only ran a planned 600m of an 800m at the Trojan invitational, completed her first 800m of the season with a time of 2:09.27. Maccagnini had the 10th-fastest time overall, Brewer the 14th and Russell the 19th out of 48 top-notch 800m runners.
The Trojans' track and field team will next be in action at the Triton Invitational in San Diego, Calif. on April 9.