USC Track & Field Athletes Win Six Events During Final Day Of Triton Invitational
USC's strong efforts were highlighted in wins by Janiah Brown in the women's 1500m, Jan'Taijah Ford in the women's 200m, Jasmine Jones in the women's 100m hurdles, Bailey Lear in the women's 400m, Tade Ojora in the men's 110m hurdles and Nicholas Ramey in the men's 400m at the Triton Invitational hosted by UC San Diego in San Diego, Calif. today (April 9).
- Brown won the women's 1500m with a personal-best time of 4:32.42. She has the fastest time among 51 athletes in the competition. Mihajla Milovanovic for the second consecutive week posted a PR in the event, finishing fourth with a time of 4:40.38. Isabelle Cairns was ninth with a PR of 4:49.53 and Giovanna Pisano for the second consecutive week set a PR with a time of 4:49.62 to take 10th.
- Ford won the women's 200m with a time of 23.99 (-1.8), Lear was second with a time of 24.42 (-1.8) and Makhaila Mills was seventh with a time of 25.47 (-1.8).
- Jones won the women's 100m hurdles competition with a time of 13.30 (+0.1), finishing first out of 33 competitors. Taking third, second among the collegians, was Jalaysiya Smith who had a time of 13.46 (+0.1). Making their collegiate debut in the 100m hurdles were Breanna Bernard-Joseph and Maci Simmons. Bernard-Joseph had a time of 14.28 (+0.1) to finish fourth and Simmons a time of 14.73 (+0.1) to take seventh.
- Ojora won the men's 110m hurdles with a time of 14.06 (+1.2). Zion Gordon ran his second college 110m hurdles race and had a time of 14.75 (+1.2) to finish sixth.
- Lear won the women's 400m with a time of 53.39, finishing first out of 51 runners. Rae-Anne Serville was second with a time of 54.66 and Bernard-Joseph was third with a time of 54.72.
- Ramey won the men's 400m with a season-best time of 46.13 which ranks tied for 11th among NCAA athletes entering this weekend's action. Eric Allen Jr. finished second with a PR of 46.66.
- Johnnie Blockburger took second in the men's 100m dash, tops among the collegians, with a time of 10.36 (+1.1).
- Dallas Wise placed second in the men's high jump with a clearance of 6-9.00 (2.06m).
- Chioma Okonkwo took third in the women's 100m dash with a time of 11.51 (+3.4w) and Mills finished fifth with a time of 11.77 (+3.4w).
- Ashton Allen placed third in the men's 200m with a time of 21.54 (-1.7) and Daniel Robinson took fourth with a time of 21.71 (-1.7). Those times were the top two times by college runners.
- Bobby Poynter had the top time by a Division I athlete and finished fourth overall in the men's 1500m with a time of 3:53.64, his first collegiate 1500m race. Jack Carter finished sixth with a PR of 3:54.53.
- Milovanovic came back to placed sixth in the women's 3000m with an outdoor personal best of 10:20.62.
- Carter also finished eighth in the men's 800m with a time of 1:54.08.
The Trojans' track and field team will be competing next week at the Mt. SAC Relays in Walnut, Calif. on April 15-16 and the Beach Invitational on April 15-16 in Long Beach, Calif.