NFL Draft Thursday-Saturday
LAS VEGAS, Nev. – The 2022 NFL Draft will be televised live on ABC, ESPN and NFL Network this Thursday-Saturday, April 28-30. Thursday's first round on the opening day of the draft is slated to begin at 5 pm PT, while Friday's second day featuring the second and third rounds starts at 4 pm PT. Rounds four through seven get underway Saturday at 9 am PT.
The Golden Bears have 12 former players from their 2021 roster with professional football aspirations that competed in Cal's Pro Day last month in Luc Bequette, Marqez Bimage, Trevon Clark, Kekoa Crawford. Valentino Daltoso, Marcel Dancy, Kuony Deng, Josh Drayden, Chase Garbers, Cameron Goode, Elijah Hicks and Jake Tonges
Cal has had at least one player selected in 33 of the last 35 editions of the NFL Draft and has had 249 selections all-time in the NFL (242) and AFL Drafts (7) according to Pro Football Reference.
Extensive coverage of all former Cal football players selected in the 2022 NFL Draft and those that sign undrafted free agent contracts following the draft will be provided via the Cal Athletics social media outlets listed below and online at CalBears.com. Undrafted free agent signings will not be formally publicized by Cal Athletics prior to an official announcement from the NFL team.
CAL FOOTBALL NFL DRAFT NOTES
- Cal has had 242 players selected in the NFL Draft since the event began in 1936 and another seven selections in the AFL Draft that ran from 1960-69
- Cal has had 27 first-round selections and two No. 1 overall picks in quarterbacks Jared Goff (Los Angeles Rams, 2016) and Steve Bartkowski (Atlanta Falcons, 1975).
- Cal's six quarterbacks selected in the first round of the NFL Draft is tied for the third-most by any college football program behind only Notre Dame (9) and USC (7) while equaling Stanford (6). Cal's list of first-round quarterbacks includes Craig Morton (1965 – No. 5, Dallas Cowboys), Bartkowski, Rich Campbell (1981 – No. 6, Green Bay Packers), Kyle Boller (2003 – No. 19, Baltimore Ravens), Aaron Rodgers (2005 – No. 24, Green Bay Packers) and Goff.
- Cal has five first-round NFL Draft picks currently on rosters. In addition to Goff and Rodgers, others include Tyson Alualu (2010 – No. 10, Jacksonville Jaguars), Alex Mack (2009 – No. 21, Cleveland Browns) and Cameron Jordan (2011 – No. 24, New Orleans Saints). Rodgers and Jordan have played their entire careers for the teams that drafted him, while Mack is now a member of the San Francisco 49ers after having also played with Atlanta Falcons and Alualu is on the roster of the Pittsburgh Steelers.
- The most Cal players selected in a single NFL Draft were the 10 chosen in 1952, while Cal's six players picked in the 1977, 2008 and 2012 drafts are tied for the second-most in school history.