Beavers Set To Host Oregon In Rivalry Series
Oregon State (35-9, 15-6) vs. Oregon (28-16, 13-8)
May 6, 2022 • 7:00 p.m. PT • Corvallis, Ore. • Goss Stadium at Coleman Field
LHP Cooper Hjerpe (8-1, 2.13) vs. RHP RJ Gordon (2-1, 5.98)
Oregon State hosts Oregon to start a three-game series Friday night at Goss Stadium at Coleman Field. First pitch is slated for 7:05 p.m. PT. The Rivalry Series is presented by Safeway-Albertsons, Spirit Mountain Casino, PacificSource Health Plans, Your Local Toyota Dealers and First Interstate Bank.
All games air on the Beaver Sports Network with pre-game 30 minutes before first pitch. Affiliates include KEJO 1240-AM (Corvallis), KKNX 840-AM (Eugene), KCFM 1250-AM & 104.1-FM (Florence), KLAD 960-AM & 93.3-FM (Klamath Falls), KTMT 880-AM & 96.1-FM (Medford, weekend games), KEX 1190-AM (Portland), 102.3 FM (weekday games prior to 5:30 p.m.), KSKR 1490-AM (Roseburg) and KBZY 1490-AM (Salem, weekend games).
Catch the game online by visiting osubeavers.com, and find the live broadcast on the Oregon State baseball schedule page. The games can be heard via the Varsity Network, which is available for users with smartphones and tablets. Download the free Varsity Network application for live games and archived broadcasts.
The game will be broadcast live on the Pac-12 Networks. Rich Burk and Bill Rowe will be on the call.
Subscribers to the Pac-12 Networks can watch the game online at pac-12.com or utilize the Pac-12 Now app on smartphones and tablets.
Live stats for the game can be accessed by clicking on the live stats link located on the baseball schedule page on osubeavers.com.
Tanner Smith hit a seventh-inning sacrifice fly to send Oregon State to a 2-0 win over Oregon Tuesday night in Eugene. Jaren Hunter, Brock Townsend, Mitchell Verburg and Ryan Brown - all Oregon natives - combined to shut out Oregon, scattering six hits and two walks. It was the first time since 2019 Oregon had been shut out. Justin Boyd also homered for the Beavers, his sixth of the season. Townsend got the win after 1 1/3 scoreless in relief.
Oregon State Notes
• Mitchell Verburg, who tossed 1 2/3 scoreless innings Tuesday, has now appeared in five career games versus Oregon. He has tossed 7 2/3 scoreless innings against the Ducks, allowing one hit with two walks and 11 strikeouts.
• Wade Meckler and Jacob Melton both saw their on-base streaks snapped Tuesday. Meckler had reached base safely in 46 straight, including all 43 this season. Melton had reached base safely in 42 straight dating back to 2021.
• Garret Forrester exteded his season-long hit streak to 12 games with a double in the ninth Tuesday. He is 17-for-41 (.415) with six doubles and 10 RBI during it.
• Justin Boyd's home run extended his hit streak to 11 games, which ties his season-long. Boyd has two triples, four home runs, 11 walks and 16 RBI while he is 18-for-42 (.429). His on-base percentage during the streak is .547.
• Boyd stole his Pac-12 leading 20th base of the season Tuesday. He is the first Beaver to 20 since Adalberto Santos (20) in 2010.
• Forrester walked for the 43rd time this season Tuesday. That ties him with Darwin Barney (2006) for 10th-most in a single-season at Oregon State.
• OSU lowered its team ERA to 3.58, which is second in the Pac-12, behind only UCLA's 3.30.
• The Beavers' 2.88 ERA in Pac-12 play leads the Pac-12. UCLA, at 4.09, is second.
• Oregon State is 8-1 over its last nine Pac-12 games. The Beavers have allowed just 14 earned runs in those nine games, posting a 1.56 ERA.
• Tuesday marked OSU's first win this season when scoring two runs or less.
• Oregon State is 30-4 this season when an opponent scores five runs or less.