You Responded, So Here Are Some Upgrades
Beginning in the 2019 season, Sun Devil Athletics asked everyone who attends football games to share their thoughts and perceptions about the experience. We asked questions ranging from how they hear about games and purchase tickets to specific ratings about the various aspects of the game day.
The goal is to put resources toward the top areas for improvement. In 2019, the most negative feedback was around 'Time to Enter' Sun Devil Stadium. We upgraded to new, faster metal detectors, digital tickets, and scanning pedestals. Since implementation, the speed of entry into the Stadium tripled for the 2021 season.
We conducted the survey again in the fall of 2021. The game experience area recommended to work on now is 'Concessions'. Notably, 'Value' and 'Speed of Service'. So here some things to know...
— Sun Devil Football (@ASUFootball) August 26, 2022
- SDA worked with University Business Services to upgrade to a new point of sale system and upgrade the WIFI connectivity at all concession stands. These improvements will significantly reduce transaction times.
- The upgraded systems allow us to convert to a cashless venue, further improving transaction times.
- We added four more grills and additional beverage stations including the Pitchfork Drafthouse featuring craft beers. This will increase the total amount of sale points and variety.
- The in-seat vending will expand to include beer to reduce wait times on the concourse. This expansion will begin in select sections.
In addition to Concessions, we added two more elements to enhance the game experience; an SDA Mobile App and a new 'Pitchfork Pregame' tailgate area.
DEDICATED SDA MOBILE APP
- The new SDA Game Day App for iPhone and Android will put all the items a fan needs for game day in one place.
- The app seamlessly integrates with Ticketmaster for a smoother digital ticketing experience.
- The app also syncs to the stadium sound, and light shows for fans to participate in their seats.
- SDA can send push notifications to fans reminding them about parking, safety, ticket downloads, and more.
- SDA converted an indoor/outdoor space north of Desert Financial Arena to a Pitchfork Pregame tailgate area open to the public.
- The Pitchfork Pregame will be the closest tailgate to Sun Devil Stadium and gives an option for fans as we lose our grass parking lots to construction.
- We also made the old Band Field available for grass parking and are providing a private rental tailgate option on the south lawn of DFA.
- It will be free of charge to the public and feature indoor and outdoor seating and televisions.
- Dos Equis is planning to sponsor the area, bringing a new source of revenue in addition to the enhanced fan experience.