Witherspoon Interception Highlights #NFLBuffs Opening Week
BOULDER- Opening weekend saw a matchup between Buffs alumni as Ahkello Witherspoon and the Pittsburgh Steelers had an overtime thriller against Josh Topou, Chidobe Awuzie and the Cincinnati Bengals. Witherspoon had a fourth quarter interception to halt a Cincinnati and help his team to narrowly beat the Bengals 23-20 in overtime.
Here is What happened with all other former Buffs across the NFL in week one.
• Chidobe Awuzie: Started the game for the Bengals and played in 97% of the defensive snaps. He also had five tackles and a forced fumble during Cincinnati's heartbreaking loss to the Steelers.
• Mason Crosby: Was 1-of-1 on his extra point attempts in the Packers 23-7 loss against the Minnesota Vikings.
• Nate Landman: Played in his first ever NFL game and recorded 12 special teams plays in the Falcons' loss to the New Orleans Saints.
• Josh Topou: Had one total tackle on 19 defensive snaps in the Cincinnati's loss to the Pittsburgh Steelers.
• Juwann Winfree: On Sunday morning, Winfree was activated off of the practice squad and onto the 53-man roster by the Green Bay Packers.
• Ahkello Witherspoon: Started the game for the Pittsburgh Steelers and played in every defensive snap for the Steelers. Finished with eight total tackles and an interception.
Laviska Shenault (Panthers) was inactive for week one after being acquired August 29. David Bakhtiari (Packers) and Isaiah Oliver (Falcons) did not play week one due to injury.
Arlington Hambright (Colts), Phillip Lindsey (Colts), Will Sherman (Broncos), and Davion Taylor (Eagles) are all on their team's practice squads.