Beavers Return To Reser To Square Off With USC
GAME 4: OREGON STATE VS. USC
September 24, 2022 • Corvallis, Ore. • Reser Stadium • 6:30 p.m. PT • Pac-12 Network
Television: Pac-12 Network
Play-By-Play: Ted Robinson
Analyst: Yogi Roth
Radio: Beaver Sports Network, Varsity Network (Oregon State)
Play-By-Play: Mike Parker
Analyst: Jim Wilson
Sideline: Ron Callan
Pre-Game: Steve Preece
SiriusXM Radio: 85 or 197
SiriusXM App/Internet: 959
Live Stats: OSUBeavers.com
Xfinity Comcast: 421/720 HD (Pac-12 Net), 420 (Pac-12 Oregon)
Dish Network: 406
Charter Spectrum: 332/452
- Oregon State returns to Corvallis Saturday when the Beavers play host to USC at Reser Stadium. Kickoff is slated for 6:30 p.m. PT.
- The game will air live on the Pac-12 Network. Ted Robinson (play-by-play) and Yogi Roth (analyst) will call the action.
- The Pac-12 Network's Road Show will also originate from Corvallis on Saturday.
- The teams are meeting for the 80th time and first in Corvallis since the 2018 season. USC leads the series in Corvallis, 14-5.
- The game will air live on the Beaver Sports Radio Network. For a list of affiliates, turn to page two of these notes.
- Every game this season can be heard live on the Varsity Network, a free application available via computer browsers, smartphones and tablets. After downloading the application, search for Oregon State.
Oregon State Notables
- Oregon State is looking to improve to 4-0 for the first time since 2012 when the Beavers started the season 6-0. OSU is 3-0 for the first time since 2014.
- The game features the nation's No. 7 ranked scoring offense (USC at 50.7 points per game) and No. 13 (Oregon State at 45.7 PPG).
- The Beavers are coming off a 68-point effort against Montana State, tied for the sixth-best single-game mark in program history.
- Oregon State has won seven straight games at Reser Stadium.
- Oregon State won its first game at USC in more than 60 years with a 45-27 victory over the Trojans in 2021.
- B.J. Baylor ran for 158 yards and Tyjon Lindsey caught five passes for 102 yards in the win.
- OSU took a 24-17 lead into halftime, and broke the game open with 14 third-quarter points thanks to touchdowns by Lindsey and Jack Colletto, who ended the day with two scores after posting another early in the fourth.
Looking Back At Win No. 3
- Oregon State reached the 60-point plateau for the first time since 2012 when the Beavers scored a school-record 77 points against Nicholls State. OSU also scored 62 against California that season.
- The Beavers scored 34 points in both the first and second halves. The 34 points are the most in a half since OSU scored 35 in the first half in 2019 against Arizona.
- Tre'Shaun Harrison posted a career-best 133 yards receiving on eight receptions. He's the first Beaver to eclipse 100 yards since Trevon Bradford versus California on Oct. 30, 2021.
- Chance Nolan was 19-of-25 passing for a 76 percent completion percentage. That tied his single-game best.
- Anthony Gould caught two touchdown passes and returned a punt 80 yards for a score. He became the first Beaver to catch a touchdown pass and return for a punt for TD in the same game since Damola Adeniji on Oct. 11, 2008 versus Washington State.
- Gould is the first FBS player to accomplish the feat this season. Only seven did it in all of 2021.
- He's the first Pac-12 player with two TD receptions and a punt return TD in the same game since Dante Pettis (Washington) on Sept. 16, 2017 versus Fresno State.
- Gould totaled 104 punt-return yards, just shy of the OSU school record of 121 set by Larry Rich on Sept. 21, 1968 at Iowa.
- OSU held Montana State to 269 offensive yards - the fourth-fewest under head coach Jonathan Smith. The Bobcats also completed just nine passes, tied for third-fewest.
- The Beavers did not punt in the win for just the third time since 1996. The two other games were Dec. 1, 2012 versus Nicholls State and Oct. 9, 2021 against Washington State.
- Oregon State totaled 31 first downs, tied for the most in a game under head coach Jonathan Smith. The previous two were Nov. 2, 2019 at Arizona and Sept. 25, 2021 at USC.
Beavs, Trojans Undefeated
- Saturday's game marks the first time since the 2000 season that both teams enter the matchup undefeated.
- Oregon State and USC were both 3-0 entering the game on Sept. 30, 2000. The Beavers won that game, 31-21, en route to an 11-1 record and berth in the 2001 Fiesta Bowl.
- Oregon State has been getting out on the right foot in the first half of games this season. The Beavers have outscored opponents, 72-27, in the first half.
- OSU is averaging better than 100 more yards than opponents - 250 to 141.7.
- The Beavers have passed for five touchdowns in the first half, and have yet to allow one. OSU has given up just two rushing scores.
- Opponents are also just 3-for-6 in the red zone in the first half, compared to a 7-for-7 mark for the Beavers.
- OSU is also 4-for-4 on fourth-down conversions.
Seven Straight At Reser
- The Beavers have won seven consecutive games at Reser Stadium - all six in 2021 and a 34-17 victory over Boise State to open the 2022 season.
- The streak is the longest for Oregon State since winning eight-in-a-row from 2007 to 2008.
- OSU has rushed for 234.1 yards per game during the streak. The Beavers have also completed 67.7 of their pass attempts while throwing for 12 touchdowns to just four interceptions.
- Defensively, OSU has allowed just 4 yards per rush and 131.7 overall per game. Opponents have completed only 56.6 percent of their passes with six touchdowns to 11 interceptions.