#12 Utah Football Set For Homecoming Game vs. Oregon State Saturday
The No. 12 University of Utah Football team is set to take on Oregon State on Saturday, Oct. 1 in Rice-Eccles Stadium for its annual Homecoming Game. The game is set to kick off at 12 p.m. MT on Pac-12 Networks.
Fans can get behind the scenes views and live updates during all games this season on social media by following the Utes on Twitter (@Utah_Football | @UtahAthletics) and Instagram (@UtahFootball | @UtahAthletics), and by visiting www.UtahUtes.com. Fans can also search #GOUTES and #UBOYZ on social media for conversations about Utah Football.
HOME SWEET HOME
Utah is 108-36 (.750) in Rice-Eccles Stadium (1998-present), recording its 100th win in the historic stadium in 2020. Utah is 80-25 in RES during the Kyle Whittingham era, including four undefeated home seasons in 2008 (6-0), 2009 (6-0), 2019 (7-0) and 2021 (6-0). Utah has won 21 of its last 22 home games, which includes a streak of 11 in a row from Oct. 6, 2018 – Nov. 30, 2019.
BY THE NUMBERS
• Utah's game against Oregon State will be the Utes' 97th as a member of the Pac-12 Conference.
• The Utes currently rank third in the FBS in passing yards allowed (132.8).
• Saturday's game will be the 25th meeting between the Utes and the Beavers with Utah winning five of the last six games.
• With a win, Utah will win its 55th Pac-12 Conference game.
• Head coach Kyle Whittingham is three wins away from 150 career victories.
NEED TO KNOWS
• Utah is currently 54-42 (.562) all-time in Pac-12 games since joining the league in 2011.
• The Utes lead the Pac-12 in first downs defense (51), passing yards allowed (132.8), scoring defense (14.0), team passing efficiency (168.89), team passing efficiency defense (93.47), total defense (244.0) and time of possession (33:53).
• Utah is the only team in the Pac-12 and is one of five Power Five programs ranked in the top-20 in the FBS in both scoring offense (19th in the FBS, 42.0 ppg) and scoring defense (13th in the FBS, 14.0 ppg allowed).
• Utah is 65-22 when ranked in the AP Poll during the Kyle Whittingham era.
• Utah has eight consecutive years of winning seasons, dating back to 2014. The Utes have finished with a winning season in 15 of Whittingham's 17 years as head coach.
• Utah was picked to finish first in the Pac-12 in the preseason poll, receiving 26 first-place votes.
• The Utes have won the Pac-12 South Title four times (2021, 2019, 2018, shared title in 2015), including three in the last four seasons, winning the championship game in 2021.
• Utah ranked No. 7 in the Preseason AP Poll, the highest preseason ranking in program history.
• Utah has sold out Rice-Eccles Stadium in 72 consecutive games, dating back to the 2010 season opener. Utah increased its capacity to 51,444 with the Ken Garff Red Zone in 2021.