Pac-12 announces Tennis Players of the Week
Pac-12 Men's Tennis Player of the Week: David Wilczynski, Sr., Stanford (Richboro, Pa.)
• Wilczynski won both his singles matches last past week to help Stanford defeat No. 36 Oregon (4-1) and shut out Washington (4-0) for the Cardinal’s best regular season record (20-2) in 17 years.
• On the No. 5 Court, he defeated Oregon's Riki Oshimo (6-0, 6-2) and then bested Washington’s Alexis Alvarez (6-3, 6-2) on Senior Day. He has won his last five matches to improve to a 17-10 singles record this season.
• Wilczynski and teammate Eric Fomba were leading both their No. 3 court doubles matches when Stanford clinched the doubles points, resulting in two unfinished matches for the Cardinal duo.
• Earns third career Pac-12 Tennis Player of the Week honor and Stanford’s 18th all-time weekly award.
ALSO NOMINATED: Michael Geerts, ASU; Jack Molloy, CAL; Ty Gentry, ORE; Brandon Holt, USC
2017-18 PAC-12 MEN'S TENNIS PLAYER OF THE WEEK
Pac-12 Women's Tennis Player of the Week: Jada Hart, So., UCLA (Colton, Calif.)
• Hart went 4-0 last week to lead UCLA to an upset of No. 10 Pepperdine (4-3) and sweep of No. 47 USC (4-0) to finish the regular season with a 9-1 Conference record heading into the Pac-12 Championship.
• On singles court No. 2, Hart topped Pepperdine’s No. 16-ranked opponent (4-6, 6-4, 6-4) in a victory over the Waves as well as USC’s No. 91 Rianna Valdes (6-3, 6-2) to clinch the rivalry win for UCLA. Recorded her fifth-straight singles win, going unbeaten in the last eight matches for a 24-8 singles record this season.
• Hart and teammate Terri Fleming competed on the top court, taking down a Pepperdine pair (6-4) and then bested USC’s Angela Kulikov and Rianna Valdes (6-4), which clinched the doubles point for the Bruins.
• Collects third career Pac-12 Tennis Player of the Week nod and UCLA’s 22nd all-time weekly award.
ALSO NOMINATED: Camila Wesbrooks, ARIZ; Brigitte Beck, COLO; Michaela Gordon, STAN; Miki Kobayashi, WASH.
2017-18 PAC-12 WOMEN'S TENNIS PLAYER OF THE WEEK
TOMORROW | 10:30am PTLive