UCLA's Ross, Ohashi, and Frazier sweep this week's Pac-12 gymnastics honors
GYMNAST OF THE WEEK: Kyla Ross, UCLA, Jr. (Aliso Viejo, Calif.)
• Recorded her fourth perfect 10 on uneven bars and sixth overall perfect 10.
• Recorded a season-high on beam with a mark of 9.9
• Ranked nationally in the all-around (No.2), bars (No.2), floor (No.3), vault (No.6) and beam (No.13).
SPECIALIST OF THE WEEK: Katelyn Ohashi, UCLA, Sr. (Seattle, Washington)
• Recorded the first perfect 10 of the season on the floor highlighted by a split double layout opening pass.
• Scored 9.9 or higher on all four routines she competed in this season and also ranks first in the nation on beam and floor.
• Ohashi and the Bruins would go on to score 49.7 on the floor and 49.475 on beam.
FRESHMAN OF THE WEEK: Margzetta Frazier, UCLA, Fr. (Sicklerville, NJ)
• In her collegiate debut, Frazier scored a 9.925 to tie for second on floor exercise and debuted on vault with a score of 9.825 to tie for fifth place.
• Led off on bars with a score of 9.925 and helped the Bruins record a season-best 49.450, placed second overall.
• Frazier and the Bruins posted 197.7 points to win the Collegiate Challenge, with the third-highest score in the nation.
Gymnast of the Week: Madison Copiak, Washington; MyKayla Skinner, Utah; Kyla Bryant, Stanford; Danielle Spencer, Arizona; Anne Kuhm, Arizona State; Isis Lowery, Oregon State; Milan Clausi, California
Specialist of the Week: Kristyn Hoffa, Washington; Courtney Cowles, Arizona; Macey Roberts, Utah; Nina Schank, California; Morgan Wilson, Arizona State; Savannah Force, Oregon State; Morgan Hoang, Stanford
Freshman of the Week: Milan Clausi, California; MacKinzie Kane, Arizona; Amara Cunningham, Washington; Adrienne Randall, Utah; Madi Dagen, Oregon State.
|Gymnast of the Week||Specialist of the Week||Freshman of the Week|
|Jan. 8||MyKayla Skinner, Utah||Katelyn Ohashi, UCLA||Cristal Isa, Utah|
|Jan.15||Kyla Ross, UCLA||Katelyn Ohashi, UCLA||Margzetta Frazier, UCLA|
TODAY | 7:00pm PTLive
TOMORROW | 3:00pm PTLive
TOMORROW | 5:00pm PTLive