Pac-12 announces Women's Basketball Players of the Week
PLAYER OF THE WEEK: Cate Reese, So., F, Arizona (Cypress, Texas)
2 GP, 17.5 ppg, 14.0 rpg, 1.5 bpg, 13-22 (.591) FG
• Averaged a double-double in Arizona’s wins over Monmouth (Dec. 2) and UTEP (Dec. 7), putting up 17.5 points and 14.0 rebounds per game.
• Notched her second and third double-doubles of the season and became the 12th player in school history to record 10 double-doubles in a career.
• Tallied 16 points and 11 rebounds in the 86-34 win over Monmouth, going 5-for-9 (.556) from the field and 6-8 (.750) from the line.
• Put up 19 points and a season-high 17 rebounds in the 54-43 win against UTEP, adding three blocks and a steal in the win.
• This is Reese’s first-career player of the week honor and the 46th all-time for Arizona.
Also nominated: Ja’Tavia Tapley, ASU; Alaysia Styles, CAL; Mya Hollingshed, COLO; Sabrina Ionescu, ORE; Kennedy Brown, OSU; Michaela Onyenwere, UCLA; Borislava Hristova, WSU.
FRESHMAN OF THE WEEK: Holly Winterburn, Fr., G, Oregon (Northampton, England)
1 GP, 18 min, 17 pts, 5-7 (.714) 3FG
• Scored a season-high 17 points in Oregon’s blowout win over South Dakota State (Dec. 8), 95-56.
• Drained a season-best five three-pointers on 5-for-7 shooting from beyond the arc.
• Scored in double figures for the first time this year and became the ninth different Duck to score in double figures this season.
• This is the first freshman of the week honor for Winterburn and the 26th all-time for Oregon.
Also nominated: Helena Pueyo, ARIZ; Jazlen Green, CAL; Jaylyn Sherrod, COLO; Kennedy Brown, OSU; Brynna Maxwell, UTAH.