Beavers Open 2020 Season Vs. Cougars Saturday
GAME 1: OREGON STATE VS. WASHINGTON STATE
November 7, 2020 • Corvallis, Ore. • Reser Stadium • 7:40 p.m. PT • FS1
Play-By-Play: Alex Faust
Analyst: Petros Papadakis
Radio: Beaver Sports Network (TuneIn)
Play-By-Play: Mike Parker
Analyst: Jim Wilson
Sideline: Ron Callan
Pre-Game: Steve Preece
Satellite Radio: 137 (Sirius), 197 (XM), 959 (Internet)
Live Stats: OSUBeavers.com
Xfinity Comcast: 723 HD / 408 SD
Dish Network: 150
Charter Spectrum: 211
- Oregon State opens the 2020 season by hosting Washington State Saturday at Reser Stadium. The game is slated for a 7:40 p.m. PT start.
- The game will be televised on FS1. Alex Faust and Petros Papadakis will call the game.
- Washington State leads the all-time series 54-47-3. The Cougars hold a narrow 24-23 advantage in games played in Corvallis.
- Every game this season can be heard live via the TuneIn application, which is available online and on smartphones and tablets. To find the game, once the app has been downloaded, search "Beaver Sports Network."
Oregon State Notes
- The Nov. 7 opening date is the latest in Oregon State's modern history, and the first to start after September since 1927 when the Beavers opened that campaign on October 1 against UC Davis.
- Saturday's game also marks the first time Oregon State will open its season against a conference opponent since 2008. That year, the Beavers lost their Pac-10 opener at Stanford on August 28.
- The opening game is the first of seven for Oregon State in the 2020 regular season, which was shortened due to the Covid-19 pandemic. It's the shortest slate of games for the team since 1927, where the Beavers finished 3-3-1.
- Oregon State started 41 different players in 2019, 28 of whom returned for the 2020 season. Fourteen (five offense, nine defense) of those 28 started six or more games.
Against Washington State
- Oregon State and Washington State have played every year dating back to 2003.
- Washington State holds a six-game win streak in the series. Prior to that stretch, however, the Beavers had won three straight, six-of-seven and eight-of-10 from 2004 to 2013.
- The teams have split the last 10 games played in Corvallis, dating back to 2000. The Cougars are on a three-game win streak at Reser Stadium.
- Jermar Jefferson has had a great deal of success versus the Cougars. He's run for 270 yards against WSU, on 46 carries (5.9 yards per carry) with six touchdowns. He's also caught four passes for 56 yards and two scores, both coming in last season's game.
- Oregon State run game coordinator/offensive line coach/associate head coach Jim Michalczik was a three-year letterman at WSU and earned his degree there in 1988.
- Oregon State special teams quality control analyst Ryan Saparto was a three-year long snapper at Washington State from 2011-13.