Pac-12 Softball Weekly Awards - Feb. 23, 2021
Player of the Week: Alyssa Palomino-Cardoza, 5th Yr., OF, ARIZONA (Mission Viejo, Calif.)
- Led Arizona to a 5-0 start to its season at the Hillenbrand Invitational, with a win against Seattle and two each against Southern Utah and New Mexico.
- Scored 11 on the Wildcats’ 47 runs, contributing two home runs and four RBIs.
- Reached base in 13-of-17 plate appearances, posting eight hits and drawing five walks.
- Recorded a hit in all five contests, including three multi-hit games.
Pitcher of the Week: Gabbie Plain, Sr., P, WASHINGTON (Harrington Park, Australia)
- Saw action in four games this weekend, winning all three games in which she started.
- Stuck out at least 10 batters in wins against BYU, Dixie State and Utah Valley, bringing her career total to 19 games with double-digit strikeouts.
- Currently ranks second in the nation in strikeouts this season.
- Surrendered just three runs across 17.1 innings pitched, becoming the 10th player in program history with 60 career wins.
Freshman of the Week: Alyssa Brito, Fr., IF, OREGON (Tustin, Calif.)
- Helped Oregon to a pair of wins over Fresno State, homering in both contests.
- Posted her first career three-hit game in the Ducks’ 10-2 victory over the Bulldogs, including a triple and a solo home run.
- Led the team with four hits across the two games last weekend.
Player of the Week: Makena Smith, California; Alyssa Brito, Oregon; Emily Schultz, Stanford; Briana Perez, UCLA; Ellessa Bonstrom, Utah; Jadelyn Allchin, Washington.
Pitcher of the Week: Hanah Bowen, Arizona; Brooke Yanez, Oregon; Alana Vawter, Stanford; Megan Faraimo, UCLA.
Freshman of the Week: Devyn Netz, Arizona; Regan Krause, Stanford; Taylor Edwards, UCLA; Mariah Lopez, Utah; Lilly Agan, Washington.
|Player of the Week||Pitcher of the Week||Freshman of the Week|
|Feb. 16||Maddi Hackbarth, Arizona State||Gabbie Plain, Washington||Madison Simon, Oregon State|
|Feb. 23||Alyssa Palomino-Cardoza, Arizona||Gabbie Plain, Washington||Alyssa Brito, Oregon|