Pac-12 Track & Field Weekly Awards - March 31, 2021
Men’s Track Athlete of the Week: Xavier Nairne, R-Fr., OREGON (Kingston, Jamaica)
- Ran in three events at Saturday’s SDSU Aztec Invitational, first anchoring the Ducks' 4x100-meter relay to victory in 39.02, a time which ranks fourth in Oregon history and fifth in the NCAA this season.
- Returned to the track to post a winning time of 10.20 in the 100-meter dash, a mark that currently leads the Pac-12 and ranks sixth nationally. It put Nairne at No. 6 on the Oregon’s all-time list in the event and broke the 38-year-old meet record.
- Capped the day with a third-place finish with a time of 20.73 in the 200-meter dash, which is tied for 11th in the country this season.
ALSO NOMINATED: Johnnie Blockburger, ARIZONA; Ismail Turner, UCLA; George Gleason, USC.
Women’s Track Athlete of the Week: Shae Anderson, Jr., UCLA (Norco, Calif.)
- Put together a career performance at the Bob Larsen Track Meet at Drake Stadium on Saturday, winning the women's 400-meter and 200-meter dashes in dominant fashion.
- Won the 400 with a time of 51.84, good for third in the nation this season and sixth on UCLA's all-time list in the event.
- Earned the double with a win in the 200, cruising to a lifetime-best 23.32, which is tied for 18th in the country.
ALSO NOMINATED: Shannon Meisberger, ARIZONA; Kemba Nelson, OREGON; Anna Cockrell, USC; 4x400m Relay (Davis, O'Banion, Fuller, Martin), UTAH; Skyler Walton, WASHINGTON STATE.
Men’s Field Athlete of the Week: Ben Milligan, Sr., OREGON (Portland, Ore.)
- Moved to No. 2 on Oregon’s all-time list with an NCAA-leading clearance of 7-4 ½ (2.25m) in the high jump in his first outdoor meet since the 2018 NCAA Championships.
- Went on to take three attempts at the current Oregon school record of 7-5 (2.26m) set by Jason Boness in 2000.
- Entered the meet with a personal best of 7-2 ½ (2.20m) from the 2018 OSU High Performance Meet.
ALSO NOMINATED: Israel Oloyede, ARIZONA; Jacob Wilson, UCLA; Jordan Scott, USC; Mitch Jacobson, WASHINGTON STATE.
Women’s Field Athlete of the Week: Alyssa Wilson, Jr., UCLA (Jackson, N.J.)
- Won all six of her events across her first two meets of the outdoor season at the Jim Bush Legends Invitational on March 24 and Bob Larsen Track Meet on March 27.
- Opened her season with victories in the shot put (51-7 ¼, 15.73m), discus (169-10, 51.77m) and hammer (209-11, 63.99m) on Wednesday.
- Also swept the throws later in the week on Saturday, throwing 52-6 (16.00m) in the shot put, 170-7 (52.00) in the discus and 218-2 (66.50m) in the hammer.
- Moved into second in the Pac-12 by one inch and sixth in the nation this season with the hammer throw of 218-2 (66.50m) at the Bob Larsen Track Meet on Saturday.
ALSO NOMINATED: Samantha Noennig, ARIZONA; Allie Jones, STANFORD; Morgan Smalls, USC; Carolina Ulloa-Daza, WASHINGTON STATE.
Pac-12 in the USTFCCCA National Rating Index (March 29)
Men’s Top 25: #5 USC, #7 Washington, #8 Arizona, #10 Oregon
Women’s Top 25: #4 USC
Pac-12 USTFCCCA National Athletes of the Week
Pac-12 on The Bowerman Watch List
Men's Post-Indoor: Cole Hocker, OREGON; Charlie Hunter, OREGON; Cooper Teare, OREGON; Turner Washington, ARIZONA STATE.
Women's Post-Indoor: Kemba Nelson, OREGON; Twanisha Terry, USC.
Pac-12 Track & Field Athletes of the Week
|Men's Track||Women's Track||Men's Field||Women's Field|
|March 25||Johnnie Blockburger, ARIZONA||Jasmine Jones, USC||Turner Washington, ASU||Jorinde van Klinken, ASU|
|March 31||Xavier Nairne, OREGON||Shae Anderson, UCLA||Ben Milligan, OREGON||Alyssa Wilson, UCLA|