Pac-12 Women's Volleyball Weekly Awards - Nov. 22, 2021
OFFENSIVE PLAYER OF THE WEEK: Samantha Drechsel, Sr., OH, Washington (Woodinville, Wash.)
» 5.00 KPS, .551 PCT, 2.00 DPS, 5.6 PPS
- Helped the Huskies stretch their win streak to six with back-to-back 15-kill performances in sweeps of Oregon State and then-No. 16 Oregon.
- Against the Ducks, became just the fifth UW player in the rally scoring era to post 15+ kills and hit at least .700, and just the second outside hitter to do so.
- Her .700 hitting percentage against the Ducks is tied for the 13th in the country (min. of 20 attempts) and is the best performance against a ranked team this season.
- Also added three aces, three assists and four digs.
- Hit at a .448 clip against the Beavers, while contributing eight digs, five assist and one block.
- Had 30 kills and only three errors on 49 swings in the two victories.
- Fourth Pac-12 Offensive Player of the Week selection and Washington's 85th all-time Pac-12 Player of the Week, including Pac-12 Player of the Week (1986-2010) and Pac-12 Offensive and Defensive Player of the Week (2011-21) selections.
ALSO NOMINATED: Brooke Botkin, USC; Dani Drews, UTAH; Jaelyn Hodge, ARIZ; Kendall Kipp, STAN; Mac May, UCLA; Brooke Nuneviller, ORE; Katy Ryan, WSU; Jil Schneggenburger, COL.
DEFENSIVE PLAYER OF THE WEEK: McKenna Vicini, So., MB, Stanford (Lexington, Ky.)
» 2.00 BPS
- Anchored the defense for the Cardinal in a pair of four-set road wins at Colorado and then-No. 17 Utah.
- Averaged 2.00 blocks per set in the victories, to go with 1.38 kills on .348 hitting and 2.4 points per set.
- Had a match-high eight blocks against both the Buffs and Utes.
- At Colorado, she also had six kills, two assists and two digs, and at Utah, five kills with just one hitting error.
- First career Pac-12 weekly honor, and Stanford's 125th all-time Player of the Week, including Pac-12 Player of the Week (1986-2010) and Pac-12 Offensive and Defensive Player of the Week (2011-21) selections.
ALSO NOMINATED: Lauren Bays, WASH; Dani Drews, UTAH; Zoe Fleck, UCLA; Meegan Hart, COL; Kamaile Hiapo, ARIZ; Hannah Pukis, WSU; Shannon Scully, USC.
FRESHMAN OF THE WEEK: Mia Tuaniga, Fr., S, USC (Long Beach, Calif.)
» 12.57 APS
- Set USC to its first 4-0 regular-season sweep of the Arizona schools since 2015.
- Averaged better than 12.50 assists per set in the weekend's two wins, including 15 on Sunday against Arizona State.
- Against the Sun Devils, notched 60 assists in the four-set victory (one shy of her five-set career high of 61 assists).
- Added six blocks, five digs, three kills and two service aces in the two matches.
- Helped the Trojans hit .366 (vs. Arizona) and .315 (vs. Arizona State).
- First Pac-12 Freshman of the Week honor and USC's 20th all-time selection.
ALSO NOMINATED: Emoni Bush, WASH; Jahara Campbell, COLO; Kami Miner, STAN; Katy Ryan, WSU; Puk Stubbe, ARIZ.
2021 Pac-12 Women's Volleyball Weekly Awards