Pac-12 Tennis Players of The Week - Mar. 8, 2022
MEN’S TENNIS PLAYER OF THE WEEK: Clement Chidekh, Jr., WASHINGTON (Lyon, France)
- Scored the clinching victory in Washington's Pac-12 opener on the road at 52nd-ranked Oregon.
- Came back from down a set to beat Oregon’s 81st-ranked Joshua Charlton, winning the final five games in a row to take the win (4-6, 6-4, 6-2).
- Also clinched the doubles point partnered with teammate Nedim Suko, as the pair came back from down 2-5 to win a tiebreaker with the doubles point on the line (7-6 (5)).
ALSO NOMINATED: Ryder Jackson, USC; Francisco Bastias, Utah.
WOMEN’S TENNIS PLAYER OF THE WEEK: Sarah-Maude Fortin, So., WASHINGTON (Montreal, Canada)
- Helped lead the Huskies to their first sweep of the desert road trip since 2004 and a 2-0 start to Pac-12 play.
- The Huskies upset 17th-ranked Arizona State on Friday, which came down to Fortin's match in a 3-3 tie that she came through with the final two games for a 6-3, 5-7, 6-4 win.
- The following day, Fortin played a key role once again in a 4-3 win for the Huskies against Arizona, as her three-set victory over Kayla Wilkins put the Huskies up, 3-2, in the match.
ALSO NOMINATED: Katja Wiersholm, California; Sasha Vagramov, UCLA; Snow Han, USC; Linda Huang, Utah.
2022 PAC-12 MEN'S & WOMEN'S TENNIS PLAYERS OF THE WEEK