Pac-12 Baseball Players of The Week - April 25, 2022
Pac-12 Baseball Player of the Week: Jacob McKeon, Washington State
(Jr., 1B/OF - Phoenix, Ariz.)
4 GP, .529 AVG, .550 OBP, 1.176 SLG, 3 HR, 10 RBI, 4 R, 9 H, 5 XBH, 2 BB
- Hit .529 with five extra-base hits, two doubles, three home runs, 10 RBI and slugged close to 1.200 to help the Cougars go 3-1 during the road trip.
- Homered in all three games at No. 10 Oregon, had career-high four hits in Saturday win.
- Had three multiple-hit games and three multi-RBI games including four RBI game in Wednesday win at Seattle U.
- First series win in Eugene since 2012.
- WSU notched its second road series win over a Top-10 team in the last three weeks after taking two of three at No. 9 Arizona two weekends ago. It's the first time in program history with two road series wins over Top-10 teams in a season.
- First WSU player to win this award this season, last Cougar to take home this honor was Kyle Manzardo on May 10, 2021.
Pac-12 Baseball Pitcher of the Week: Matthew Sox, Utah
(RS-Sr., RHP - La Cañada, Calif.)
1 GP, 1-0, CG, 9.0 IP, 2.00 ERA, 6 H, 2 ER, 1 BB, 4 K
- Pitched a complete game on 106 pitches in Utah's Friday night win over USC (April 22).
- Allowed just two earned runs on six hits and a walk, striking out four batters.
- Was nine up, nine down through three innings and retired the leadoff man seven of nine times.
- First complete game by a Utah player since 2017.
- First Utah pitcher to capture this award since Jayson Rose on March 30, 2015.
Player of the Week: Tanner O'Tremba, ARIZ; Nathan Martorella, CAL; Wade Meckler, OSU; Braden Montgomery, STAN; Michael Curialle, UCLA; Rhylan Thomas, USC; Jayden Kiernan, UTAH
Pitcher of the Week: Jacob Kmatz, OSU; Trevor Long, ARIZ; Steven Zobac, CAL; Alex Williams, STAN; Charlie Hurley, USC; Dakota Hawkins, WSU