Pac-12 announces Women's Basketball Players of the Week
PLAYER OF THE WEEK: Kristine Anigwe, Sr, F, California (Phoenix, Ariz)
2 GP, 21.0 ppg, 13.0 rpg, 17-30 FG (56.7%), 3-4 3FG (75.0%)
• Recorded back-to-back double-doubles in as many games this season to lead the Golden Bears to a pair of wins over Tulane (65-57) and San Diego (70-53).
• Matched her career-best three made three pointers, going 3-of-4 from beyond the arc against Tulane on Friday.
• In Saturday's win over San Diego, connected on 10 field goals for 25 points and grabbed 16 rebounds, moving into third place on Cal's all-time scoring list with 1,993 career points.
• Ties for the NCAA lead with six double-doubles, achieving the feat in every game so far this season.
• The senior has a chance to become just the 11th player in Pac-12 women's basketball history with 2,000 career points and 1,000 career rebounds.
• Collects her fifth-career Pac-12 Player of the Week honor for Cal’s 47th all-time weekly honor.
Also nominated: Cate Reese, ARIZ; Sophia Elenga, ASU; Kennedy Leonard, COLO; Sabrina Ionescu, ORE; Mikayla Pivec, OSU; Alanna Smith, STAN; Kennedy Burke, UCLA; Mariya Moore, USC; Megan Huff, UTAH; Amber Melgoza, WASH; Chanelle Molina, WSU
FRESHMAN OF THE WEEK: Cate Reese, Fr, F, Arizona (Cypress, Texas)
1 GP, 19 pts, 16 reb, 8-19 FG (42.1%), 2 stl
• Recorded her second-career double-double and led Arizona with 19 points and 16 rebounds a 73-32 victory over South Carolina State.
• First Wildcat since 2013 (Davellyn Whyte) and first UA freshman since 2003 (Shawntinice Polk) to grab at least 16 rebounds in a game.
• Her 16 rebounds are the most by a Pac-12 freshman so far this season and ties for the third-most of any Pac-12 player, while also ranking third in the league with 9.6 rebounds per game.
• One of just 10 players in the country that have been perfect from the free throw line, going 19-for-19 in five games this season, including 3-for-3 against SCSU.
• Collects first Pac-12 Freshman of the Week honor, making program history as Arizona’s first-ever freshman honoree.
Also nominated: McKenzie Forbes, CAL; Emma Clarke, COLO; Patricia Morris, OSU; Lacie Hull, STAN; Lindsey Corsaro, UCLA; Shalexxus Aaron, USC; Dre'Una Edwards, UTAH
2018-19 PAC-12 WOMEN'S BASKETBALL PLAYERS OF THE WEEK
|Player of the Week||Freshman of the Week|
|Nov. 12||Kristine Anigwe, CAL||Dre’Una Edwards,UTAH|
|Nov. 19||Aari McDonald, ARIZ||Dre’Una Edwards,UTAH|
|Nov. 26||Kristine Anigwe, CAL||Cate Reese, ARIZ|
RELATED NEWS & VIDEOS
TODAY | 2:00pm PTLive
TODAY | 6:00pm PTLive