Pac-12 announces Softball Players of the Week
PLAYER OF THE WEEK: Teaghan Cowles, Jr., INF, Stanford (Ridgefield, Wash.)
5 GP, 9 hits, 1 HR, 2 RBIs, .818 AVG, 1.455 SLG, .889 OBP
• Guided Stanford to a 5-0 record last week, including two shutout victories, to earn wins over Northwestern (1-0), Montana (7-3/8-0), North Dakota State (3-2) and Cal Poly (13-5).
• The leadoff hitter reached base at an .889 clip and slugged 1.455 while collecting 11 runs, two triples, a homer, three stolen bases and a pair of RBIs.
• Went a perfect 3-for-3 with four runs scored, a double, a homer in the Cardinal’s first win against Montana on Friday night, finishing a double short of the cycle.
• Closed the week with a perfect 2-for-2 day on Sunday against Cal Poly while scoring four times and drawing three walks. The junior reached safely in 16 of 18 plate appearances, including 15 of her final 16.
PITCHER OF THE WEEK: Taylor McQuillin, Sr., P, Arizona (Mission Viejo, Calif)
5 GP, 5 wins, 25.0 IP, 34 K, 6 runs, 1.12 ERA, 5 BB
• Picked up five victories last week at Arizona’s home-hosted Wildcat Invitational, defeating Drake (4-0/9-4), No. 23 Minnesota (2-0), Kent State (7-6) and No. 19 James Madison (8-6).
• Tossed 34 strikeouts in 25 innings, as the senior didn’t allow a single run through the first four games of the weekend and has only gave up two runs over her previous 42.1 innings this season.
• Earned the win in the circle for the Cats against No. 19 James Madison with seven strikeouts and one walk while conceding six runs in eight innings of work.
• The senior ranks seventh in Arizona history in career strikeouts.
• Third weekly honor for McQuillin and 169th all-time weekly honor for Arizona.
FRESHMAN OF THE WEEK: Emily Young, Fr., UTL, Stanford (Mason, Ohio)
5 GP, 6 hits, 3 RBIs, .462 AVG, .462 OBP, .923 FPCT
• Went 6-for-13 at the plate (.462) with three runs scored, two doubles, a triple and three RBIs in Stanford five wins last week.
• Tallied two hits, including a double, a triple and three RBIs in Stanford’s 8-0 shutout against Montana on Saturday.
• Followed with a 3-for-4 batting performance with two runs scored and a double against Cal Poly (13-5) on Sunday.
• Only had two errors in the field and posted a .923 fielding percentage.
• Collects her first Pac-12 Freshman of the Week honor.
Player of the Week: Bella Loomis, ASU; Cherish Burks, ORE Rachel Garcia, UCLA; Jess Lynch, UTAH.
Pitcher of the Week: Jordan Dail, ORE; Kiana Pancino, STAN; Rachel Garcia, UCLA; Jess Lynch, UTAH; Taran Alvelo, WASH.
Freshman of the Week: Megan Faraimo, UCLA; Ally Dickman, UTAH; Livy Schiele, WASH.
2019 PAC-12 SOFTBALL PLAYERS OF THE WEEK
|Player of the Week||Pitcher of the Week||Freshman of the Week|
|Feb. 12||Missy Nunes, OSU||Rachel Garcia, UCLA||Rachel Cid, ORE|
|Feb. 19||Kindra Hackbarth, ASU||Rachel Garcia, UCLA||Megan Faraimo, UCLA|
|Feb. 26||Shaye Bowden, ORE||Rachel Garcia, UCLA|
|March 5||Teaghan Cowles, STAN||Taylor McQuillin, ARIZ||Emily Young, STAN|