Pac-12 Men's Soccer Player of the Week
THIS WEEK: Tanner Beason, R-Sr., D, Stanford (Winston Salem, N.C.)
• Redshirt senior center back Tanner Beason captained the Cardinal to three shutout wins last week over UC Irvine (1-0), Denver (2-0), and American (3-0).
• Stanford's defense got better as the week wore on, allowing 10 shots against Irvine, 10 against Denver and just one against American in lowering the team's goals against average this season to 0.20.
• In addition to spearheading the Cardinal shutouts, Beason added three points on a goal and an assist. His successful penalty against Denver in the 23rd minute proved to be the game winner, the fourth of his career, and he also assisted on Zach Ryan's 13th--minute winner against UC Irvine.
• Beason is tied for the team lead with three goals this season and leads the team in points (7).
• This is Beason’s third-career Player of the Week award, giving Stanford its 35th men’s soccer weekly honor.
Also nominated: Milan Iloski, UCLA; Sofiane Djeffal, OSU; Keegan Kelly, SDSU; Dylan Teves, WASH.
|Sept. 3||Justin Garces, UCLA|
|Sept. 10||Milan Iloski, UCLA|
|Sept. 17||Tanner Beason, STAN|