Pac-12 Men's Basketball Weekly Awards, presented by Nextiva - Dec. 21, 2020
SAN FRANCISCO - The Pac-12 announced its fourth weekly honors of the 2020-21 men's basketball season as presented by Nextiva and voted on by media who cover the league.
Pac-12 Men's Basketball Player of the Week, presented by Nextiva (12/21/20)
Oscar da Silva, STANFORD
Sr., F, Munich, Germany
• The Wooden Award and Naismith Trophy National Player of the Year candidate averaged 26.5 points on a scorching 71 percent shooting from the field (17-24) and 86 percent at the foul line (19-22) along with 8.0 rebounds and 1.5 blocks in a pair of Stanford wins.
• Was nearly perfect in the Cardinal's 82-71 road win at CSUN, scoring a career-best 32 points on 9-of-11 shooting and a perfect 14-of-14 effort at the charity stripe. Narrowly missed double-double with nine rebounds.
• Led Stanford to its first victory over Arizona in 12 seasons - snapping the league's longest active series losing streak at 20 games - with 21 points, seven rebounds and two steals.
• Second career Pac-12 Player of the Week honor (2/3/20).
• Currently leads the Pac-12 in scoring at 20.3 points per game and is 1-of-5 players in NCAA Division I averaging at least 20 points and better than 66 percent shooting, including 1-of-2 from power conferences (L. Garza, Iowa).
ALSO NOMINATED: Jemarl Baker Jr., Arizona; Ryan Betley, California; Dallas Walton, Colorado; Chris Duarte, Oregon; Ethan Thompson, Oregon State; Timmy Allen, Utah; Noah Williams, Washington State.
Pac-12 Men's Basketball Freshman of the Week, presented by Nextiva (12/21/20)
Ziaire Williams, STANFORD
Fr., F, Lancaster, Calif.
• The Wooden Award and Naismith Trophy National Player of the Year candidate averaged 14.0 points, four rebounds and three assists to help Stanford improve to 4-2 with a pair of victories last week.
• Recorded 12-point, six-rebound performance in road win at CSUN.
• Made three 3-pointers en route to 16 points and four assists in Conference victory over Arizona. Drew game-clinching charge with 6.5 seconds left to help Cardinal snap 20-game skid against the Wildcats.
• Gives Stanford its first sweep of the league's weekly awards, only the second to accomplish the feat (USC, 11/25/19).
ALSO NOMINATED: Jabari Walker, Colorado; Pelle Larsson, Utah; Efe Abogidi, Washington State.
2020-21 PAC-12 MEN'S BASKETBALL PLAYERS OF THE WEEK
|Player of the Week||Freshman of the Week|
|Nov. 30||McKinley Wright IV, COLO||Josh Christopher, ASU|
|Dec. 7||Eugene Omoruyi, ORE||Evan Mobley, USC|
|Dec. 14||Jemarl Baker Jr., ARIZ||Evan Mobley, USC|
|Dec. 21||Oscar da Silva, STAN||Ziaire Williams, STAN|