Pac-12 Women’s Basketball non-conference action continues this holiday week
• The Conference of Champions enters the week with four teams in the AP top 25, all four ranked in the top 10. STANFORD is ranked #1 for the third-straight week and is followed by #6 ARIZONA, #8 OREGON and #10 UCLA. OREGON STATE and ARIZONA STATE are both receiving votes.
• Scheduled non-conference play concludes with just two games slated for this holiday week. The Pac-12 currently boasts a 21-4 (.840) mark against countable NCAA Division I non-conference opponents so far during the 2020-21 campaign and with two more victories can clinch an .800-or-better non-conference win percentage for the fourth time in the past five seasons.
• Last week #1 STANFORD head coach Tara VanDerveer became the all-time winningest coach in women’s college basketball history with her 1,099th career win in the victory over Pacific, passing the legendary Pat Summitt. VanDerveer then became the first to reach 1,100 career wins with a road win at #10 UCLA, and leads current UConn head coach Geno Auriemma (1,095) by five.
• With STANFORD maintaining the top spot in the AP Top 25 rankings this week, the Cardinal has been ranked #1 in the poll for the second-straight year. A Pac-12 team has been ranked #1 in the AP Top 25 in 10 of the past 25 weeks (Last season OREGON was ranked #1 in the preseason to week-four polls and STANFORD was #1 from weeks five to seven).
• In addition to having the longest active winning streak in the country at 26 straight, #8 OREGON has also one 23-straight conference games, which is the third-longest active stream in the country. Their 13-straight road wins is also the second-longest active streak in the nation.
• The NCAA Division I Women’s Basketball Committee announced the 2021 NCAA Division I Women’s Basketball Championship will be held in one geographic area and has begun preliminary talks with San Antonio and the surrounding region to serve as the potential landing spot for the 64-team tournament. More information can be found here.
CONFERENCE STANDINGS (Expanded Standings)
|Teams||Pac-12 Record||Overall Record|
PAC-12 WEEKLY SCHEDULE (All games, tip times & TV broadcasts are subject to change)
For the most up-to-date schedules, visit Expanded Schedule
|Wednesday, December 23|
|Idaho at #6 Arizona||Live Stream||12 p.m. MT|
|Long Beach State at USC||Live Stream||4 p.m. PT|
PAC-12 PLAYERS OF THE WEEK
|Nov. 30||Charisma Osborne, UCLA||Tameiya Sadler, WASH|
|Dec. 7||Haley Jones, STAN||Sasha Goforth, OSU|
|Dec. 14||Brynna Maxwell, UTAH||Charlisse Leger-Walker, WSU|
|Dec. 21||Aari McDonald, ARIZ||Sydney Parrish, ORE|