Pac-12 Track & Field Weekly Awards - April 7, 2021
Men’s Track Athlete of the Week: Cole Hocker, R-Fr., OREGON (Indianapolis, Ind.)
- Put together a pair of NCAA-leading performances at the Hayward Premiere.
- Ran to victory in the invitational section of the 1,500 with an NCAA-best 3:38.99 on Friday.
- Followed that up by winning the invitational section of the 800 in 1:46.60 on Saturday, the No. 1 time in the NCAA this season and No. 7 in Oregon history.
ALSO NOMINATED: Camron Herron, ARIZONA; Kentre Patterson, ARIZONA STATE; Eduardo Herrera, COLORADO; Charles Hicks, STANFORD; Kenroy Higgins II, UCLA; Cameron Samuel, USC; Tibebu Proctor, WASHINGTON; Sam Brixey, WASHINGTON STATE.
Women’s Track Athlete of the Week: Sage Hurta, Sr., COLORADO (Hamilton, N.Y.)
- Broke her own school record, running the fastest 800 in the NCAA this season at the GCU Antelope Invitational with a time of 2:00.62.
- Mark is an Olympic trials qualifier, tied for 10th on the list of the USTFCCCA’s Collegiate Outdoor Track & Field All-Time Bests and places her seventh in the Pac-12 record book, which includes non-collegiate meets.
ALSO NOMINATED: Alisa Lyesina, ARIZONA; Josephine Anokye, ARIZONA STATE; Kaylee Mitchell, OREGON STATE; Ella Donaghu, STANFORD; Makenzy Pierre-Webster, UCLA; Anna Cockrell, USC; Poppy Tank, UTAH; Skyler Walton, WASHINGTON STATE.
Men’s Field Athlete of the Week: Jordan Scott, Sr., USC (Portmore, Jamaica)
- Jumped 55-7 ¾/16.96m (+0.9) to win the triple jump at the Florida Relays by nearly two feet.
- Moved into third place on USC's all-time list in the event and into second in the NCAA this season.
- Mark is the top wind-legal jump in the country in 2021 and leads all Pac-12 triple jumpers by more than three feet.
ALSO NOMINATED: Cole Riddle, ARIZONA STATE; Keyshawn King, STANFORD; Jacob Wilson, UCLA; Mitch Jacobson, WASHINGTON STATE.
Women’s Field Athlete of the Week: Camryn Rogers, Jr., CAL (Richmond, British Columbia)
- Opened the defense of her 2019 NCAA hammer throw title with a new personal best at the Stanford Invitational on Friday.
- In her first hammer competition in 22 months, had her best mark of the day on her first attempt, throwing 235-4/71.73m to secure the No. 1 spot in the nation this season by more than 10 feet.
ALSO NOMINATED: Sevanna Hanson, ARIZONA STATE; Lindsay McShane, OREGON STATE; Ellie Talius, STANFORD; Mia Cervantes, UCLA; Temi Ojora, USC; Charisma Taylor, WASHINGTON STATE.
Pac-12 in the USTFCCCA National Rating Index (April 5)
Men’s Top 25: #4 USC, #5 Oregon, #20 Arizona State, #22 Washington, #24 Arizona
Women’s Top 25: #2 USC, #15 Oregon
Pac-12 USTFCCCA National Athletes of the Week
Pac-12 on The Bowerman Watch List
Men's Post-Indoor: Cole Hocker, OREGON; Charlie Hunter, OREGON; Cooper Teare, OREGON; Turner Washington, ARIZONA STATE.
Women's Post-Indoor: Kemba Nelson, OREGON; Twanisha Terry, USC.
Pac-12 Track & Field Athletes of the Week
|Men's Track||Women's Track||Men's Field||Women's Field|
|March 25||Johnnie Blockburger, ARIZ||Jasmine Jones, USC||Turner Washington, ASU||Jorinde van Klinken, ASU|
|March 31||Xavier Nairne, ORE||Shae Anderson, UCLA||Ben Milligan, ORE||Alyssa Wilson, UCLA|
|April 7||Cole Hocker, ORE||Sage Hurta, COLO||Jordan Scott, USC||Camryn Rogers, CAL|