Pac-12 Softball Weekly Awards - May 17, 2021
Player of the Week: Frankie Hammoude, So., INF, OREGON STATE (Oakland, Calif.)
- Launched four home runs across the final three games of the regular season, setting a program-high 17 total for the season.
- Reached base in eight of her 14 plate appearances in Oregon State’s four-game series against Utah, finishing the weekend with a 1.500 slugging percentage.
- Executed 34-of-34 putout opportunities, owning a perfect fielding percentage against the Utes.
- Named to 2021 Pac-12 First Team for the first time in her career.
- First career Pac-12 Player of the Week award.
Pitcher of the Week: Brooke Yanez, Jr., P, OREGON (Ventura, Calif.)
- Reached the 20-strikeout threshold in a weekend for the second straight series.
- Earns back-to-back Pac-12 Pitcher of the Week honors after going 2-0 against California, seeing action in three games.
- Recorded 12 strikeouts in her sixth complete-game shutout of the season, achieving double-digit strikeouts for the eighth time this spring.
- Moved into eighth place on the Ducks’ single-season leaderboard with 235 strikeouts.
- Surrendered just one earned run across 13.2 innings against the Bears, a home run in a game two relief appearance.
- Third career Pac-12 Pitcher of the Week award, all in 2021.
Freshman of the Week: Maya Brady, R-Fr., UT, UCLA (Thousand Oaks, Calif.)
- Helped then-No. 2 UCLA clinch its 11th Pac-12 Softball title with a stellar performance against then-No. 8 Arizona, as the Bruins took three of four games in Tucson.
- Completed three multi-hit games, including her first career multi-homer game in the series opener with a pair of solo shots.
- Finished the weekend with five extra-base hits, knocking in four runs and reaching base in seven of her 13 plate appearances.
- Raised her 2021 batting average to .352, reaching 11 home runs and 32 RBIs in her first full season as a Bruin.
- Second Pac-12 Freshman of the Week award.
Player of the Week: Maya Brady, UCLA; Rachel Cid, OREGON; Eleni Spirakis, STANFORD; Haley Denning, UTAH.
Pitcher of the Week: Maddy Dwyer, STANFORD; Rachel Garcia, UCLA.
Freshman of the Week: Alana Vawter, STANFORD.