Pac-12 Softball Weekly Awards - April 12, 2021
Player of the Week: Rachel Garcia, Sr., P/1B, UCLA (Palmdale, Calif.)
- Played a pivotal role in then-No. 2 UCLA’s series win over then-No. 3 Oregon, as the Bruins won 3-of-4 contests across a competitive slate of games.
- Saw time in the circle during three games, including a complete-game shutout in game two of the series (7 IP, 8 H, 0 ER, 7 K).
- Reached base in six of her 15 plate appearances, with two home runs, five RBIs and two walks.
- Her home runs were a pair of two-run shots, including the go-ahead homer in the sixth inning of the series finale.
- Earned wins in games two and four of the series, finishing the weekend with 14 innings pitched, two earned runs surrendered and 17 strikeouts.
Pitcher of the Week: Gabbie Plain, Sr., P, WASHINGTON (Harrington Park, Australia)
- Led Washington to a three-game series sweep over Oregon State, earning the win in each contest and allowing just three baserunners to reach scoring position.
- Carried a no-hitter into the seventh inning of game one, punching out 12 hitters across a complete-game shutout.
- Surrendered two runs in game two, but struck out 13 more Beavers en route to another complete-game performance.
- Capped off the weekend with six innings of one-hit ball, highlighted by eight more strikeouts.
- Moved to a sparkling 20-0 on the season, the longest undefeated start by a pitcher in program history.
Freshman of the Week: Aly Kaneshiro, Fr., C, STANFORD (Santa Clarita, Calif.)
- Spearheaded Stanford’s lineup this weekend across four games against Arizona State, leading the Cardinal with a .545 batting average.
- Became the first freshman in program history to hit two home runs in a game since 2010, doing so in game two of the series.
- Achieved all six of her RBIs in the same game she went yard twice, the most by a Stanford player since February 2019.
- Finished the weekend with a 1.182 slugging percentage, reaching base in seven of her 12 plate appearances and knocking in seven runs.
- First career Pac-12 Freshman of the Week honor.
Player of the Week: Sharlize Palacios, Arizona; Jazmine Hill, Arizona State; Makena Smith, California; Allee Bunker, Oregon; Aly Kaneshiro, Stanford; Ellessa Bonstrom, Utah; Morganne Flores, Washington.
Pitcher of the Week: Mariah Lopez, Arizona; Alana Vawter, Stanford; Rachel Garcia, UCLA.
Freshman of the Week: Sharlize Palacios, Arizona; Lilly Agan, Washington.