Pac-12 Announces Men's Soccer Player of the Week
THIS WEEK: Pablo Pelaez, R-Sr., M, San Diego State (San Diego, Calif.)
• Pelaez tallied a goal and an assist in San Diego State’s 2-0 win at Brown.
• The San Diego native helped the Aztecs open the scoring in the 39th minute with a cross from the left wing that Hunter George headed in for the goal.
• Pelaez notched his fifth goal of the year in the 52nd minute, securing a tap-in after Blake Bowen’s shot bounced around the box. The redshirt senior is now tied for second in the Conference with five goals on the year.
• Pelaez recorded three shots on goal against Brown, including a third-minute strike that hit the crossbar.
• This is the first-career Player of the Week honor for the preseason All-Conference nominee.
• This is also San Diego State’s first men’s soccer weekly nod of the season, bringing the Aztecs’ all-time total to 24.
Also nominated: Charlie Wehan, STAN; Alonzo Del Mundo, CAL; Ethan Bartlow, WASH.
|Sept. 3||Justin Garces, UCLA|
|Sept. 10||Milan Iloski, UCLA|
|Sept. 17||Tanner Beason, STAN|
|Sept. 24||Sofiane Djeffal, OSU|
|Oct. 1||Pablo Pelaez, SDSU|